Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

@Emelia8  I was so pleased to read about your pamper pack gift from your caring friend 🙂 
I hope your radiation therapy goes well today...the hospital are obviously taking seriously your PTSD.

Sending 💜!

Hi @Maggie ...I'm missing you...not that I want to pressure you to come back at all, till you're ready. Just missing your sweet presence and chatting to you. I really hope you're coping OK, and that your furbaby is  doing OK too...

Sending wishes for you for love, healing, sleep (I know that you don't sleep), peace and strength. 💜

Feeling very anxious today...got 2 days to tackle the intense cleaning needed for the inspection which is due Sunday morning...it's a lonely and stressful state. I hope I can cope. 

I really need ongoing cleaning help with the house. I can't manage it. But I can't get a cleaner due to my germophobia. I once got a cleaner in, during my 3-year nervous breakdown 12 years ago...she cleaned the toilet, then straight away went to do the washing up, using the same gloves. I freaked out silently, and when she left I had to disinfect everything. I've never been able to have a cleaner since. 

I guess I am in need of support today...

Good morning @NatureLover 

🌷🌻🌹🐬

I wish I could be there with you, to give you a hand with whatever needs doing before the inspection on Sunday.

I think you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself, which really isnt necessary. They dont expect a pristine immaculate home ... that simply is not realistic. You have been there a number of years now I think? You've been a great tennant and have passed every previous inspection. I expect nothing different this time. What they are looking for is any evidence of damage or misuse. You'll be fine.

Emelia 💞

Thank you so much for your support, @Emelia8 Heart

Yes, I've been here over 10 years...but this time there is water damage (staining) to the carpet, which is making me anxious. I mopped up something and the underlay on this ancient carpet stained through to the top, a big dark brown stain. So there is evidence of damage this time. Plus I only pass each inspection with great stress and it's really difficult to do all the cleaning - 6 months' worth of cleaning! I only do things like dust the ceilings and scrub the shower every 6 months for the inspections. So of course I realise that the inspections are good, to force me to do these things...but I find it so incredibly hard to cope each time. 

i just want to go back to bed and shut down, to deal with my anxiety...it's always like this when an inspection is due. All my intense fears about homelessness get triggered and I often freeze in fear. 

Thanks for listening Heart as I always feel so alone, battling things I can hardly cope with in a big harsh world, at inspection time! 

I really feel for you this weekend @NatureLover  I think some inspections can make tenants feel devalued.but they should be just to check if anything needs fixing NOT a day that terrifies tenants.

Having said that, I’ll clean with you today and we can do our homes together.

You are never alone hun

💚💛💚

@Eve7  thank you more than I can say for your encouragement and support Heart My mental health takes a beating at inspection time 😞

@Eve7 wrote:

Having said that, I’ll clean with you today and we can do our homes together.

You are never alone hun

💚💛💚

This means a lot, thank you Heart I feel better knowing you are also cleaning with me. 

Bless you heaps 💛 and I hope you are doing OK in yourself.

I'm ok @NatureLover  just a bit flat today but trying to stay busy hence the big clean out...I'm downsizing and throwing out stuff left, right and centre lol. However, I might throw myself in the pool soon to cool off!!

Lots of love

xox

love the cleaning fairies @Anastasia Heart

Hugs @NatureLover Heart

@Eve7  sorry to hear you're feeling flat 😞 I'm impressed that you're having a sort-out and feel able to make the ruthless decisions to throw things out, if you're feeling flat...well done. I think you deserve a big dip in the pool 🙂

Sending you much 💛 back...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance