Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

I'm glad you're feeling better in yourself @NatureLover although your hands are so troublesome. I trust your MHCP went through. 

Today I took some stuff to the opshop and started on a box of papers... all from the spare room. So I'm trying even if I hadn't done much. My helper looked at the piles of craft stuff in the living room that hadn't moved in the last week and asked about them but I'm not sure what to do with them other than work through them or stash them back in a wardrobe, maybe doing one project at a time. It's so long since I've done any. 

I feel I'd like to get into the garden but I've probably lost the opportunity for a couple of days weather-wise. More time for the dreaded paperwork I guess.

Good luck with your efforts in the house. Did you manage anything today?

Hi @Dimity ...so your helper didn't comment on the spare room? Well done for taking more stuff to the Opp Shop 🙂

Do you have (or could you make) a corner of your house for craft stuff? 

Yes, the weather looks rainy now for 3 days or so, although this morning might be OK...

I didn't manage any tidying yesterday. So I made a list last night - oh gosh, so much on it....a bit overwhelming. I'm home today so there's no excuse not to tackle the house. 

Yes, the MHCP  went through thanks. I decided to bite the bullet and made an appt with the GP for Friday for my itchy hands. I also put on a natural cream overnight, with cotton gloves. I remembered the black tie event coming up and realised there was no point buying a posh dress etc if my hands were raw. 

Good luck today with your decluttering...

Hi @NatureLover I'm glad you got your new MHCP. And glad your special night is motivating you to get help for your hands. Those are steps forward even if you didn't get a chance to tidy. A long list can be a bit off-putting... I made a long one a week or two ago.  It comes down to a handful of things that have to be done first but I haven't been able to face them. The paperwork hurdles are one of them. I made a start last week but of course found that there was more that needed to be done and feel overwhelmed again. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow or Friday.

Today I did some more shredding, and potted some bulbs. 

Hope your day volunteering goes well tomorrow. 

Re  your question about a craft corner @NatureLover I can't visualise the space at the moment. Maybe it could be possible further down the track. 

Hi @Dimity ...thanks 🙂

Unfortunately I can relate to not being able to face the priorities on a list. I hope you can get some motivation soon. Would it help to save those things for Tuesdays so your helper can support you in tackling them? 

I find shredding satisfying, although the long strips of paper seem to escape the bin sometimes 😄 Well done. 

I'm looking forward to getting out of my head today by going to work. I tend to forget all my problems while there. It's only for 5 hours twice a week, but I need it. 

Good luck today and tomorrow if you decide to tackle the paperwork tasks. Is there any way I can help? 

I'm glad work helps @NatureLover. it sounds mutually beneficial. 

I'm still feeling my way with the new helper as to what she can help with, beyond keeping me accountable and having a regular social contact. Helping with the stuff off-site seems too big an ask, although it's my biggest worry. Encouragement to do the admin stuff would help as it makes me quite anxious. Today I went and collected an application form for one of the things, but there's more hoops to jump through.  Then I'll have to work out how to use several different apps and online systems for different things. Maybe it's good that I'm trying to catch up with it all but it's not easy. 

I have quite a good shredder. It crosscuts. It overheats quite often, and a few papers once shredded make a big volume to dispose of, so it's slow. 

Friday tomorrow.  I'm not sure what the day will bring. Hope it's a good one for you.

I hope your helper can hep with the admin stuff. 

@Dimity wrote:

Today I went and collected an application form for one of the things, but there's more hoops to jump through.  Then I'll have to work out how to use several different apps and online systems for different things. Maybe it's good that I'm trying to catch up with it all but it's not easy. 

This sounds so challenging...but yes, it's good you're tackling it. Admin stuff seems to get more complicated as we get older. Sending you good wishes for it...

I'm not sure what "crosscuts" means when it refers to a shredder...do you mean the long strips get shortened?

Thanks for your good wishes. I'm not sure what to tackle today. I have the GP appt for my hands. I started a new soap trial yesterday with a weird soap. It's for sensitive skin and it cost $7 a bar (!!) which I can't sustain long term, so I'm not sure why I got it. It doesn't lather up but is very soapy (slimy) and even a tiny bit takes a while to rinse off. However it doesn't seem to be making me itchy. 

I thought of you yesterday when the sun came out, and wondered if you were able to get out into your garden at all...

@Dimity 

I hope the gp was helpful @NatureLover .

I didn't get into the garden yesterday - I spent the afternoon on the bus to and from the regional centre  Today neither.  The day disappeared in chores and distractions.

Yes my shredder chops the paper in small pieces rather than strips.

Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive. I've been a bit bogged down, and I've been worrying about someone who's unwell as well as my own situation. It would be good if I could finish the box of papers I started. 

Hi @Dimity 

@Dimity wrote:

I didn't get into the garden yesterday - I spent the afternoon on the bus to and from the regional centre

I'm sorry this admin /paperwork stuff is taking you so long and involves so much effort 😞 Also that you're worrying about someone else as well. 

I've never heard of a shredder that chops the paper into small bits, but then again my shredder is old. 

I hope that you were able to make some progress on the box of papers...

I'm not feeling great this morning, don't even want any breakfast which is incredibly rare for me. May go back to bed after this. It's not good news as I have a massive amount of tidying to do today. I lost my bankcard in all the mess a while ago, so I've been using my debit card. However somehow the debit card ended up going through the wash yesterday afternoon, so now I have to find my bankcard urgently. 

Good luck today...

Sorry to hear you've unwell @NatureLover . I hope it's not stress or some incipient virus.

I managed to get my atm/credit card replaced very quickly as the bank sent it via express post. I hope you have some cash to tide you over. Do you have any idea of likely places the bankcard could be? Could you just have misplaced it in your purse or bag? What bad luck for it to have happened over the long weekend. Fingers crossed you'll find it readily.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance