Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Anxious

I feel very anxious tonight about an upcoming appointment and I am getting some tests done too
I'm feeling really uneasy about what this may mean for me
5 REPLIES 5
Catcakes
Senior Contributor

Re: Anxious

Hello @Former-Member
Sorry to hear you’re anxious,
Is there anything that helps ?
I usually try distraction with reading, music
Or something yummy...

Hey @Former-Member, @Catcakes has some great suggestions for coping with anxiety. I use distraction a lot when I am anxious, especially if I am anxious about approaching dates or appointments. Sometimes even a mindfulness meditation can help. I use an app on my phone sometimes for them. There is Smiling Mind and Stop, Breathe, Think. Both have some free meditations you could do.

Remember, you can always talk/vent/reach out to us here on the forum too.

Former-Member
Not applicable

I use the Breathe app I find it super helpful
Its just the appointment I'm just so unsure

Some appointments can be just plain sucky @Former-Member. My best advice is to plan in advance what you need to to do to put your mind at rest. If you have questions, can you write these down and take them to your appointment with you? Some appointments can be very scary (been through a lot of those), but if you plan and breathe.. I'm confident you'll come out on top. Just keep imagining the relief you'll feel when the appointment is over?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Its with my old OT
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance