Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Anxiety

Great to see you here tonight @Thekindone !

Thankyou so much, it's so hard to remember this

Always around my friend, ready to help where I can
Helix
New Contributor

Inspiring post, thankyou for sharing 😀

I am riddled with anxiety. Till recently it was crippling me. Have been seeing professional supports to help unravel the mysteries of my mind (a very confused labyrinth) and give me tools and ways of thinking for the future.

Some of my own learnings…

A situation and event can often be so much more in your head than just one or two sentences. There is value in (and healing) from documenting and giving things some narrative.

Bracing yourself and being truly prepared to “think differently” requires courage and honesty. But the results can be amazing.

A response to a single event and is eventual outcome are the results of many, many things. Thoughts, beliefs, assumptions, emotions. And with this heady mix it’s hard to see the options and alternatives. Clearing the headspace is magic.

And through all of this comes finding the way to get better outcomes, and having a better chance to be happy. 

I wish you all well as you contend (or not) with this beast anxiety. I’m finally starting to enjoy the journey…

Lil-B
New Contributor

Thanks for sharing. I’ve lived with anxiety my whole life. It can really beat you up sometimes but it does not define us. 

I was really encouraged by how you said been here before and know there is a light ahead. Thanks for that reminder.

Hope you are having a peaceful day. 

Lil-B

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance