Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Anticipatory GRIEF

31 REPLIES 31
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Anticipatory GRIEF

my dad's getting worse 😢
kidneys packing in, 
not a candidate for dialysis. 
He doesn't know who I am anymore (most days, 86 vascular. dementia) so flying down to visit would be only for me, and honestly... I have PTSD thinking about doing it all again after the way I was treated by my siblings when mum died Jan'18 (not that dad will die this time but it's getting close, I've seen it so much in nursing and with other rels). I feel sorry for dad that all he has to help him is two substance abusing leaching sons and the other nassacistic misogynists strutting around making trouble behind the scenes. My older brother is now in care too with MS and related dementia, can't remember much. The grandkids are too scared to visit dad for years, in case they bump into the two bros with 'schizophrenia' diagnosis (can't handle delusion based arguments and threats).  These brothers who literally cried with me there several times over MH sigma from every direction, can't see that it's their own behaviour pushing people away... All x6 off us have complex MH issues, from trauma etc - I blame mum mostly but her background was no better (inherited trauma). Good argument for putting contraception in the water supply
I'm so over the 'family' drama.
I wanna help dad cross over "surrounded by loving family" (as the media portray) but I respect myself enough to "let the dead bury the dead" after  jumping into the sislions den last time. My Bro2 and sis (the supposed sane ones) so hated that I came to care for mum when she died, and stay on for my dad... (idiots!) lets see how they manage without me this time. Actually, there's not much needs doing anymore with dad in care and the home sold. You know, one day after showering dad and cleaning up and cooking and taking dad to dr... i was so tired cooking dinner...  Bro2 visited, angrily 😡pointed  his finger at me and had the gall to say "why are you here!?" which 😳blew me away... mum just died 😢   'mdad cant stillxare for himself, I'm still confused about his behaviour toward me then. They (my sis & Bro2 - suppos'ed 'sane' ones, team up and treat the other 3 bros like crap too, making big decisions about our parents etc without involving family... Easier I guess, but after pressuring mum to do a will in their favour, in secret, 4 days before she died, then go file for Guardianship & financial control of dad (who had no will), well, i can only presume money motivates them. I had no choice but to take control off them into an independent arbitrator (TRUSTEE!), which of cause made them more angry with me. It boggles the mind.  sad, unnecessary... I hope I did the right thing there with that. They did push all my buttons as their older sister who once changed their nappies... I think it's probably best, though sad for dad, though  mya blessing he's unaware.  I miss dad, and mum, but maybe I just need to sit with the good memories of them now.

I'm working on a tribute slideshow for them. I don't know what else to do. They call it Anticipatory Grief I've been reading. Bit hard on my own here 😢

Former-Member
Not applicable

sorry for typos, can't edit still

@Former-Member 😞💔

Thinking of you and feeling your pain.

Emelia 🌷

@Former-Member

Heart

You are right there are different griefs.

We cant make a happy family, as that is in other peopl's hands.  Hard being alone, but when there is a lot of trauma it can simplify things.  Keep caring for yourself and doing what is right, as I know you do.  Loss of parent at the end of life is very different to more traumatic losses, which I know you already endured.  Dont let fear control you.  Keep with whatever spirutal practise, prayers that work for you.  Typos ... nah ... dont matter.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Appleblossom & @Emelia 💙💙💙

@Former-Member  I am here with you. Anytime you want to talk or just be I will be there. Just tag me. Families ..... love you EOR peaxxx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @greenpea, I keep checking my phone for news, then realise I've blocked everyone :face_with_rolling_eyes: (head banging myself here) Gave up trying to get info from nurses. I won't be going down, throwing myself into the lion's den again, no. So. abusive... some abusive,  Some just look right through you like you're not there. Its horrible to be around 'them' I don't believe I deserve it. 
Tried to contact my son last 3 days... no answer. Don't know if he knows. Bit rude he shuts me out the way he does at times. Worries me. I don't think it's me. Kinda be nice to connect with him at this time. Triggers SI - Hope he's ok, if he knows, he likes his pop.
I'm currently transferring photos from portable hard drive to new computer, to select the best for a 5min slideshow for dad.
I hope his spirit knows I love him 💙

@Former-Member  Oh sweetheart his spirit does know that you love him.  The photos sound a great idea. Something wonderful to remember him by.  In the end you must protect yourself. Sitting/standing with you my friend. peaxxx

@Former-Member  Sending 💜💜💜💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance