Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

IsAnybodyThere
Senior Contributor

Am I alone? This is a serious Post.

Hello I am new here. I feel that there is nobody like me. I am male, but do not get along with other males at all. I am like a fish out of water. I just can't relate.

Many years ago when I had friends, all female; one of them said I have a lot of female energy. Loads of women wanted to talk,; I am a good listener; but I did not have anyone special.

I love women and here's the big thing ~ If I was female I would be a lesbian. I feel like a lesbian trapped in a man's body. This is so strange that it is difficult too talk about. When I have tried I have never heard of anyone the same.

Am I alone? Even more alone than I already knew?

Many thanks; Is there anybody there.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Am I alone? This is a serious Post.

Hi @IsAnybodyThere  and welcome to the Sane forums.

Thanks for writing a bit about yourself. Sometimes the first post is the hardest to do.

Please know that you are not alone here, we are here with you and listening to what is going on.

I hope you find the support you are looking for here.

Snowie xoxo

Hey @IsAnybodyThere  welcome to the forums and hi 👋 

glad that you found us here and that you were brave enough to post for the first time- it can feel scary to do that! 
I can’t relate to what you are experiencing, but I know that there are others here that perhaps can and hope that they will see this post and jump in. I can however encourage you to keep sharing, it’s when we share our stories that we begin to not feel so alone. 
wishing you well. 

Hello. I’m new here too. I do relate on some level. I’ve always been a bit of a tomboy. Also felt like that fish out of water with many women. I do have a couple of friends but I relate and feel much safer with men as friends. I think men with female energy are admirable and it is such a beautiful quality.

I hope someone can help you with the lesbian part. It’s not something I understand but Im sure your not alone. Thanks so much for posting.

Thank you so much for replying. You have made me feel somewhat better already.

I relate to this as well x

Morning @IsAnybodyThere and a big welcome to the forums!

My name is Rhye, my pronouns are she/her, and I'm one of the peer workers here in the Forums. It's so great to see and welcome new faces, and I hope (and trust) that you'll find this to be a safe and supportive place to land.

I hear it feels strange and somewhat difficult for you to talk about, so I'd really like to acknowledge your openness and honesty to do so here with us. I also just want to say that even though it might feel strange and isolating, there are many of us here who have either lived experience of diversity in gender and sexuality, and even more allies who support us in all our diverse identities so you have come to the right place 😊

I wanted to share a couple of links with you too – these may not fit or sit right for you, but I thought I'd throw them out there for exploration, to encourage the discussion and to demonstrate diversity of experience. Here and here are two terms/identities that may or may not resonate. Happy to hear any and all thoughts!

Welcome again @IsAnybodyThere and hello to all reading along 🤗 and waving to our other new members @Meatloaf and @INFP 👋 😊

Rhye ☘️

@IsAnybodyThere  Your are so welcome. I hope your having a lovely day. 

Thank you so very much for your response and support. The Links you provided were wonderful and I feel I understand myself so much more now. Thank you again. 🤗

I can relate. Although full disclosure I am a transgender man who lived as a lesbian for a while before living as a man now. If you feel like a lesbian is that connected to feeling female? Do you ever wish you could be a woman or have female body parts?

If not you could just be a guy who gets on well with women. Either way is totally fine.

There is also a gender option between male and female (non-binary) if you feel part female in yourself maybe explore this idea if it's something you want to do. 

I am very male in some ways but open enough to the feminine to have mostly female friends. But I don't call myself non-binary, just male. 

I hope this helps :).  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance