Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Almost lost my wife...

My wife almost died a couple days ago.  We went to the hospital lights and siren in an ambulance with the medics doing chest compressions in the back. I am have never been more terrified in my life.  She spent the nights in an excellent hospital in a private room where I spent most of the night with her.   I love my wife more than anything and I now realize that I must never take my wife for granted. My advice is never to take anyone you love for granted. Fear is a valuable teacher.  As a person with schizoaffective disorder being in an ambulance with your wife potentially dying in the back is so stressful it pushed me to hallucinate. I heard her spirit, I heard dead relatives voices t was just a total break with reality. I am very stable right now on my meds but the stress pushed me into psychosis. So I had to deal with my personal psychosis and my wife's illness while we were in the Emergency Department. Thank God I had an incredibly compassionate and brilliant  ER Doctor.  He made this survivable. I will remember his name for the rest of my life.  The good news is as of right now my wife is fully recovered and I am doing extremely well mentally as well.  We are both fully recovered.  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Almost lost my wife...

Hi @Former-Member,

Wow, thank you for sharing this story. It sounds like a very frightening ordeal for both you and your wife. Im glad to hear that you are bothd oing well now, and that you have come thorugh the experience with a renewed sense of appreciation and love for your wife.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes, I have always appreciated my wife I love her very much she has meant more to me up to this point than any other person in my lifetime but now it is like next level caring.  I wait on her hand and foot as she recovers.

Heart @Former-Member

ConnectednessConnectednesspoppies and daisies.jpgadamevevaneyck.jpg

Wow @Former-Member how scary for you both! I am really happy and relieved for you that you both have made a full recovery. Sometimes it takes something truly awful like this to learn a renewed love for someone. I know I'd be lost without my Mrs as she is my primary carer, support person, missing peice etc. 

I am really glad it was a good outcome Paleofirst. xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance