Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

I just got a rejection email for a job I applied for. Urgh. Ok now I'm ready to go to my concert & let my hair down, I need to forget today!!

Hope you're travelling well atm my friends, what are you up to tonight @Flying_Hams  @TAB @eudemonism 

take it easy on yourself @BryanaCamp go and enjoy yourself this evening.

I'm not bad thanks. Feeling a bit crap if I am perfectly honest with you. I'm not sure if it's loneliness or sadness or angst... Things are just going really quickly. Seems like I'm doing circles. I'm not so sure anymore. Perhaps I am tired too?

Anyway. That's that.

Evening to @Zoe7 @eudemonism @TAB @BlueBay @Shaz51 @outlander @Sam3

I hope you enjoy your night.

Self care @BryanaCamp

Thanks @Flying_Hams

Try to enjoy the concert @BryanaCamp Forget about today and just live in the moment while you are there. It must be something you have wanted to go to so remember why you bought the tickets and enjoy.

@Flying_Hams Tiredness can definitely cause us to feel like you are - I have had that the last week as well - and most of it is because I am tired - working does that to us hey!

This is true @Zoe7
But I'm also angsty over what's next after I finish this role in a week or so.

You are again putting too much pressure on yourself @Flying_Hams You will never be able to appreciate what you have now if you continue to look too far ahead to what youo don't have - find fulfillment in the here and now and what you do have now. This job did not simply fall at your feet - you did a lot of ground work and applied for many different jobs - yet despite what you were feeling about yourself at that time you did get this job. There will be more work coming your way but you also need patience - it is a tough market out there for employment but despite that you are getting these positions - have the confidence in your own abiities buddy and things will fall into place in time.

I hope so @Zoe7
Perhaps it's the adjustment to it all that is bugging me more than the thing itself?
Who knows.
It is what it is.

I feel like I'm boring other forumites too 😞

Not boring anyone @Flying_Hams You are sharing your thoughts and feelings and that is what this place is for - you also show others that persistence pays off and that you have enough confidence within yourself to move towards your goals - that is inspiring Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance