Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

Hope you have a good day as well @eth  Good Motrning All just getting up here, its cold and dark, slept okay mostly. Electrician supposed to be coming to fix power point just realised how much of a mess house is oh well see what i can do

@TAB  tell yourself the tradie is not coming to judge your house.  There are short cuts to making a place look tidier - shove everything into the cupboards and put what doesn't fit into one of your rooms and shut the door!  

pretty much what am doing @eth  just making flat surfaces a bit more clear lol

I hope your hand is OK @Flying_Hams 

@outlander @oceangirl @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @TAB @greenpea @BlueBay @Meowmy @Everan @Teej @Appleblossom @eudemonism @frog @eth @Gazza75 @Everan @Former-Member @Angels333 @Doglover @Sophia1 @saturnzoon @Faith-and-Hope @CheerBear @Former-Member @Molliex @Smc
@Ant7 @Adge @Former-Member @Owlunar @Queenie @utopia

Hey forumites.
I have finished work for the week.
I feel pretty demoralised tbh.
This week with my coworker threw me off. They were very prone to mood swings if they hadn't had a smoke. And then the next minute they were normal.
It's demoralising because it makes me think I am the incompetent one. Because I am still at the same location I was from the other day when I had to move during the working hours - due to a failure in communication - I am very self conscious while I'm at work. I hate upsetting Apple cart unnecessarily. But then I try to show initiative and do something helpful but I get shut down or eye rolls from this one colleague.
I think the reason it is throwing me off is because I'm trying to understand it and see if there is something I have done wrong. But idk. My anxiety is through the roof in those instances.
Sussing out who to talk to etc and such is half of it. The rest I am unsure of.
Because it is entry level government there seems to be a lot of "creating work for the sake of it" going on.
Perhaps that is a recipe for bad attitudes. But Im not sure.
I know some of you have struggled to understand work dynamics @BlueBay you have spoken about that before.
I am asking my dad for his thoughts as he started where I am working now - same work context and duties only 30 years ago.
I'm just trying to do my job and do it properly and yet that seems like it's causing problems for others. It's seemingly a Pathologically induced behaviour for those I am around atm... Where they just take a very bad attitude with them.
I ended up finding something else to do. Which was productive-ish.
My main role I am performing well in i think.
Though today there was confusion as to where I was meant to be because things are never clear. It seems like I do that and I tread on people's toes. For example I needed a roster and then I asked my colleague and it was like the end of the world. I got a different one. How am I meant to know?
But anyway. She is a weird one. Limited engagement is best.
Perhaps my shift in attitude towards work is vastly superior to where it used to be. And this is good, but also comes with different levels of tolerance for coworkers.
I'm a bit lost.

try and go with the flow @Flying_Hams  these people have their own issues sounds and or have dead-ended there. try not to let it bother you, asking father is good idea  

just smile and try and be helpful @Flying_Hams  hopefully things settle down, might be people marking their turf. Darth Tab has 11 years in govt over 3 completely different jobs lol ok most recent one was 25 years ago. went to similar role thru labor hire recently it was beyond toxic work environment things are a lot more desperate in govt these days I imagine esp w corruption and nepotism etc 

try and go with the flowmy @Flying_Hams 

when do you work again xx

@Flying_Hams Hey Hamso, think agree with tabby, try to go with the flow. Be gentle with yourself and co workers. Slowly it will become clearer. Take care.

Next week shaz @Shaz51
Same place. Same times.
Yeah @TAB Deadended I think is right.

But I do believe there is merit in this atm. Rather than stick it out and try to survive. I want to be observant and learn from what I see. To be a better human from it perhaps I guess.
It's not a dream job, but it's just a start. Gets me experience and gets me money. And it's not full time so that's helping my mood and attitude. I think I would've given up by now.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance