Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

Time for hacienda party el Hamsarino @MDT 🤔🌵🤠🤷‍♂️😎😸

@MDTYes It's hard on the days off when you get caught up in stuff in the house. I plan on relaxing to get through and getting energy for the good parts 🙂

Hey mate

Smiley Happy

Not sure if you saw @Maggie 's mind map @MDT 

I need to learn how to put the right feelings away into the right drawers.

mindmap.gif

I like that @Appleblossom @Maggie

Very visual and it incorporates things into it. I might emulate it and do something similar

i like that @Appleblossom Smiley Very Happy

heyyyy @MDT  xx

Hey shazzy @Shaz51
How goes it

Sorry your feeling low @MDT hope tomorrow is better for you

Hugs my friend @MDT 

@outlander @oceangirl @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @TAB @greenpea @BlueBay @Meowmy @Everan @Teej @Appleblossom @eudemonism @frog @eth @Gazza75 @Everan @Former-Member @Angels333 @Doglover @Sophia1 @saturnzoon @Faith-and-Hope @CheerBear @Former-Member @Molliex @Smc
@Ant7 @Adge @Former-Member @Owlunar @Queenie @utopia @Scarecrowe

afternoon everyone. Making an earlier sunday post today.

I feel a bit lost lately. I'm not sure why. Maybe it really is just the adjustment that's finally kicking in. For the most part I think I've coped with it all rather well.

I'm beginning to see the value in patience with myself. This is perhaps something I have struggled with A LOT in the past few years.

This impatience breeds a sense of insecurity in who I am, where I'm heading and what I think about myself.

Now that things are "more together" if I can use that expression I am beginning to look to other areas of my life that need improving.

I need to stop beating myself up and over the head about things.

I need to stop imaging horrible, bad and tragic scenarios.

I need to start being kinder to myself and patience with myself.

I need to actively acknowledge how far I have come since 2012 (when i was first diagnosed)

But on top of that I think I need to just live in the moment a bit more. Maybe some meditative exercises would help with that the most. Thursday and Friday just gone I needed to sleep for 45mins during the day as I just felt exhausted. Maybe because of my sleep pattern I'm not so sure.

There will always be new stressors in life from now on so I want to learn how best to counter them and balance them.

Any help or suggestions are always welcome.

thanks again forumites 🙂

you are doing really well @MDT  and you only seem to get down when not working or after a few days? perhaps you need something to fill in those times a bit more?

.. Also .. you are not a diagnosis? okay thats a bit contentious maybe, but you were at a stage back then and went to people, who to be honest, were only ever going to diagnose you .. just sayin ..Cat Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance