Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

@Sam3 hearing you Hon and hoping your pdoc appointment is better for you today.

Yes meds can only go so far but I think also what I was like without them and it wasn't a good place to be. Even though you are feeling like you will always be this way it can get better. This time last year I was still in a very dangerous position and I didn't think anything would bring me out of the state I was in. It took 2 years of changing meds - having reactions to some - and trialling different doses of others to come to a point where we could say the meds were actually finally helping me - now I am back at work. You will be back at work next week too and that is no small thing. You do keep down a job and are raising a family - 2 huge things that you should give yourself more credit for - both of those things are amazing to be able to do while also living with a MI. 

It is easy to say but bringing up all these issues with your pdoc is also important - it may be that you need a tweak of meds or even a change altogether - it can get better Hon but we need to be honest with our treating professionals and find that little bit of confidence to tell them exactly what we are feeling.

Thanks @Zoe7 🙂

Thanks a lot @Zoe7 

hi @Sam3 , I agree with @Zoe7 about psychiatrists and meds. I've trialled many different meds, combinations and dosages over the last 18 months. I have insisted more than once that I want to change meds because I wasn't happy with the side-effects or because I wasn't getting symptom relief from my MI. I had to be quite assertive and insistent to get my point across, not passive. My psychiatrist is great & was happy for me to be assertive, always optimistic that we could find the right combo of meds that would give me quality of life. Sometimes I felt like a whinger or too negative but it was so worth it and it's your psychiatrist's job to listen to your feedback.

@Shaz51 @Zoe7 @Sophia1 @Former-Member @outlander @TAB @Sam3 @BryanaCamp @CheerBear

Hi forumites. Hope your day is a good one.
I have a low key one. Might look for work again. Not too sure.

Take care

sorta same @MDT  hope your day's okay

Hi @BryanaCamp  thanks for your feedback & encouragement. Biggest issue he’s trying to treat aside from the depression the overthinking/ruminations. I don’t feel particularly hopeful about this as I’ve had that all my life but I suppose it’s more manageable when I’m not depressed. I feel somewhat numb/caught up in my head & it makes me do sad that I can’t txoeri the joy of the moment very often...and tomorrow is my birthday! 

How has your day been? Is your health stable at present? 

Hello @MDT @TAB @Zoe7 @CheerBear Hope you’re doing ok! 

Well happy birthday in advance @Sam3 does the birthday lady @Shaz51 know? 😸 😀

Morning @MDT and all 🙂 Hope today is a good one for you.

@Sam3 🎉🎊🎂🍰🎁 for you today ❤😊 Hope there are some moments that feel good today

Hey @Sam3 @Shaz51 @outlander @Zoe7 @TAB @CheerBear @BryanaCamp

I received two emails overnight from two things that I applied to in the UK. Both unsuccessful. Methinks holding off on the entire trip was wise. Even though I knew it was though. I can imagine these emails would've made me even more nervous had I been over there.

It's a good hing in the end. I hope I can find something for myself soon though.

Anyways. I'm off to the gym this morning with a friend. Might go out tonight but will wait and see.

Hope your Saturday is a good one
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance