Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@Mazarita I am having a quiet coffee break in the middle of a kind of hectic morning (nothing new there 😉). It's been very cold here and today it is very still. I found a beautiful sunrise waiting for me at my coffee spot by the now completely leafless apricot tree. Pink, orange and grey long clouds are in front of the rising sun and behind the gums, and a bright moon is sitting directly above me. It made me think of you, wondering whether you've been sky watching in your courtyard lately. I hope things have been going well for you. I am thinking of you often.

Big love to you my friend.

Hi All,  to tired to tag...

Ravers have been quiet over the last few days.   

So I went to DBT and it was okay.  I have to get used to the new group of people.     I usually struggle to be open minded to new people

I am starting a new Gym routine this week hope it's not too painful.  And better than last week's experience. 

Hopefully you all have a great Wednesday xxxx

Hi @Mazarita @Angels333 @CheerBear @outlander @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @Adge @Exoplanet @Meowmy @Teej @Appleblossom and anyone else passing here.  It's been very quiet here the last few days.  Really hope people here are doing ok and just busy, as I have been.

I've been missing hearing what's going on for others and posting about what's going on for me more often but life outside the forums has been really busy the last few days and there's been a fair bit of change which, even when it's for the better, always takes me time to adjust.

Psychologist Tuesday, creative writing group Wednesday, local disability alliance meeting this morning, support worker all 3 days including groceries and whale spotting at the beach.  Then this afternoon an introduction meeting to a new support worker with my coordinator of supports.  Whew. 

Today's meeting was excellent, really validated me for some of my experiences recently which it turns out both the support organizations I've been with have actually breached agreements and are grounds for complaint/termination of agreement.   NDIS related.  Lots for me to think about.  How to reclaim my 'choice and control'.

And tomorrow morning I'm participating in a uni study about recovering from DV.  Need to check my self-care with that one.  Make sure that going into the details doesn't leave me re-living events.  I think I'm ready for it and really want to do it in the hope that my experiences can help someone else.

Take good care all of you.  Sending lots of warm vibes out like ripples in a pond.  So glad the forums are here.

@eth have a good evening. Sounds you are real busy. Take care.

Hi @eth definitely sounds busy.    Thanks for the tag.    It has been quiet on the forum I've felt a bit lonely 😨

hello and hugs @Angels333  Heart

Hi @Angels333 and @Shaz51  hope you're both having a peaceful night   You too @Meowmy 

Hi @Adge  how are you?

Thanks for the warm vibes @eth

I'm glad that your meeting felt validating - even though that does mean more efforts (on your part), if you follow it up.

This week has been tough - invalidations, & triggers.

A service enquiry phone call (this afternoon) was so triggering - that it disabled my driving to my favourite Thursday Yoga class (which I never miss).

I couldn't make myself go, even though it's one of the few things that I look forward to (Thursday & Saturday classes).

I stayed home in a daze, instead.

Adge

Sorry to hear that @Adge   Hopefully you'll get there on Saturday.  And that the daze is clearing with a quiet night.

I'm going toes up now, talk to you soon.  I should be around a bit tomorrow.  Can't believe it's Friday again already!

I hope you have a nice peaceful night too @eth

Dissociation is a bummer, even though it's a childhood trauma survival response.

Psychologists say that dissociation is the most functional response (compared to psychosis, etc) - it does not feel functional to me.

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance