Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Been out to the shop @Appleblossom but didn't get everything I needed. I really just wanted to get out of there but those extra things I need can wait a few days - have enough food for myself and my fur babies for the next couple of days at least. 

Home again now snuggled up on the couch with Toby watching a very old movie on tv. Will probably have another sleep this afternoon. Definitely the weather to be staying inside and snuggling in with the doona with the heater on - very cold today and still raining on and off.

It was nice to resd about your positive interactions at the zoo - those little things make it worthwhile Heart

On the other side of Bass Strait we are having wind and it rained earlier. @Zoe7 

I have just raised a sweat doing cleaning jobs. Yay functional exercise!

I know what you mean about needing to get out of shops.  I hate them, had my first real adult panic attacks in them.  Shops dont figure much in my life anymore, though I have done a stint in retail.  Even at the zoo ... I sympathise and suggest struggling mums get kids out of zoo through the shopping free exit turnstile ... which is not obvious tho the village trader flush with plush is!

Yes it was good with those kids yesterday, and confirmed to me, that I was good with kids and still am!

That the problems with mine has more to do with broader family dynamics and a rainge of issues than me, my personality or skills and style.  It is not that I dont take responsiblity, but it has taken me to get to almost 60 to figure out about flying monkeys and what is not my circus and what is.... in @Faith-and-Hope speak.  The cost to my loved ones and ME has been huge, and the outcomes are very sad, but in a dog eat dog world that can happen... no longer so naive ...

HeartSmiley SadSmiley FrustratedSmiley MadSmiley SadHeart

Still my budding grand bub and grown kids are out on a job together and hugging ... so thats really nice.

Vegan - tofu veg, walnut & peanutbutter tonight ... then off to orch rehearsal... always lovely ... lucky I get so many.... its been 6 in last fortnight ... plus 2 concerts.

Smiley HappyHeart

🤗💕 @Appleblossom 

It is great that you have your music @Appleblossom Something to maintain your interest and social connections while doing what you enjoy Smiley Very Happy

There seemed to be a lot of people around in the supermarket today - more than I am used to - so I got out of there pretty quickly. I also need to go to the chemist but like the rest of the shopping - that is not essential and can wait a couple of days. I will most likely do all that Sunday before I go back to work.

Families are indeed difficult but we have to navigate those dynmanics to do the best we can. Hearing you how hard it is though Heart

Thanks @Zoe7 and different family's and individuals have different levels of difficulty.  Not wanting to quote Tolstoy or anyone ...

context and access to social and material resources means a lot... we should never just assume ...

Smiley Sad

Kids just wanted to plan dinner together tonight which is lovely.

Yes all families have their own levels of difficulty @Appleblossom and what one family may deal with successfully another might find challenging - it has so much to do with the support and knowledge within the family structure. Sometimes that support is needed from the outside as well.

@Appleblossom  thanks Appleblossom :)xxxx

Hi @Appleblossom

Hi everyone.

The surgery wound is all healed up, after many weeks.

I went back to work on Wednesday.

It's been a struggle, because my energy levels are still very low (not picking up).

Work made no efforts to "ease me back in gently" - even though I've returned from major surgery recovery.

They put me with their most "challenging behaviour" (aggressive) clients straight away.

No rest for the wicked (if that's me), & no reward for Goodness either...

Adge

Hi @Adge, sorry to hear about work! It's still quite rare to find employers that will be understanding and caring when you have health issues, it's disappointing Smiley Sad Glad you're healing though Heart

That is disappointing for you @Adge It would have been much better for you to be eased back in. Glad your wound has healed up - that took so long with all the complications.

You will struggle with energy at work for a while after being off for as long as you have but hopefully you will start to get a little more energy the more you are there. Take it easy this weekend Adge. Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance