Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Good morning to @Adge @Mazarita @eth @BryanaCamp @Zoe7 @Exoplanet @Appleblossom @CheerBear @BryanaCamp and all who pass by on this beautiful Wednesday morning. Will be heading off for my walk in a couple of hours with neighbout have alot to tell her ....eg the pagans doing their early morning ritual who are now along my route etc. Very interesting.

Have a great day everyoen. I have included a pic of some lights on water which is reminiscent of my bay ligths 🙂

Image result for lights on water

Good morning to you too @greenpea .  Wondering if you're around now or still out walking?  Not sure when your NDIS meeting is but thinking of you with that.  

Hi to anyone else around at the moment.  @Zoe7 @BryanaCamp @Adge @CheerBear @Appleblossom @Exoplanet @outlander @Shaz51 

Have been thinking of you with love too @Mazarita  just in case you see this.  Every time I see that Star Trek is on I imagine you watching it.  Hope your project is going really well.

@eth  Good morning eth 🙂 am back from my walk with my neighbour.  Am feeling pretty nervous about the whole ndis thing .... still not sure whether I will go or not. Am so over everything about it.

How are you going anyway?  Did you sleep better last night? How is boofhead?

Hi @greenpea I did sleep better at first last night - had a 4 hour block which is rare for me, then a few 1 hr naps.  Boofhead is leaving me alone, which is all I could hope for.  Dog is being a total sweety, hanging near me most of the time.

If you want to talk about what the meeting is about you know you can do so with me.  I know well the feelings you are having about it, but also now know how much it can change a life if you can persevere through their processes until you get what you deserve.  Is anyone supporting you for these meetings?

@eth  awww it is sweet that dog is following you around :). To be honest I really cannot talk about it. There are so many stressors regarding this whole ndis package that I really don't know if I can cope with it all. An example is my pdoc and mh nurse have organized to have someone come into the house and food prep for us ... I am stressing about that because I feel we are going to have the food tampered with .... it is part of my paranoia.

I just want us to be left alone .... hide under my covers and forget about everything.

@greenpea I get what you mean about wanting to be left alone.  You seem to manage well to me.  Why would they think you need food prep?  If eating healthier is not one of your NDIS goals, you should be able to have 'choice and control' over what supports you receive - it's the catchphrase they use all the time.  Can you tell your pdoc and mh nurse you just don't want it?  There are other ways you can be supported I'm sure.  Do you have a coordinator of supports?  That's who you should be able to tell what you do and don't want.  Essentially you are employing them, you are the customer and they need to keep you happy to keep their job.

Sorry @greenpea  I don't mean to be pushy.  Maybe you could tell them all that you need to postpone the meeting, give yourself more time.  I have one support worker who offers to help with domestic chores and I just can't let her.  It feels so invasive, and as if it would show I am really not coping.  

One thing I did at one stage was go to the price list on the NDIS website and go through the whole thing to see what services I wanted to ask for and what I didn't want.  It's a bit long but left me feeling more empowered to be assertive with them.

@eth  You are not being pushy you are beinga friend :). I just feel my life is being invaded and I want to pull back on everything.  I might just have a sickie tomorrow and let the powers that be talk and then they can get back to me later.

I will be seeing my psychiatrist today and I am going to broach with her my concerns about having these strangers in my house preparing my food, cleaning my house (she knows all about my delusions) etc. The closer it gets the more stressed out I become.

Anway enough about me. What are your plans today :)?

Have a bit of a busy day today @greenpea .  SW comes at 10.30 and we bus it to and from my psychology appointment, back around 12.30.  Then some grocery shopping for my sister's visit and the next 2 weeks ( so need to get onto my list before 10.30 rolls around).  Have to get printer ink ($$) too.  I'm sure there was something else I needed out in the world but can't remember just now.  Then when we get back I want to make a leek tart (easy and yummy) to share with sis when she gets here later this evening.  And at some stage really should shower and wash my hair (it's too long since I did either). 

My coordinator of supports said she'd give me a list of numbers I might need for while the others are away and then cancelled her visit last Thurs and said she'd email it to me, and still hasn't done so.  Too bad if anything had come up.  I've also left a ph msg and had a sw email her about it on Monday but still no response yesterday.  One of my sw's has stopped coming to me without any sort of goodbye or handover.  CoS had also said she'd introduce me to a new one when we met.  I am supposed to have support from the new one on Sat.  My msg said my sister would be here Th and Fri so I needed to see them before then ... so now it looks like I'll have no support from this afternoon til after the weekend and that means making sure I have everything I might need today.  The only alternative is to go out with someone I've never met on Sat afternoon and I won't do that.  Too much anxiety, defeats the purpose of having a sw.

@eth  I agree I hope it gets sorted for you quickly and that you get everything you need done today.  Leek tart sounds yummy then again everything you cook sounds delicious to the pea :). You should start a thread call eth's recipies where you can write up your recipies and others can also add theirs. Good luck with today. I hope everything works well for you. xxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance