Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@eth 🖐💕

Hi @eth @Mazarita @Snowie @MDT @TAB @Appleblossom and everyone here. I've been reading some of the things everyone has posted and although I haven't replied, I'd just like to say I'm thinking of each of you in spirit in forumland. Please keep strong and know that I'm here for each of you despite me being a little distant. 

This leads me to explain why. I'm struggling with lockdown here in Melbourne- stage 4 and I'm living with my sister and housemate at my sisters house for the 6 weeks due to being up here visiting when the new restrictions came into play. That's led to extra stress with me feeling like my housemate and my sister are teaming up against me in certain things like housework and what I eat or don't eat, like certain foods. Yep. Typically mundane things. It doesn't help that my housemate doesn't drive so I have to take her places each day, like to the supermarket to get food as she likes things fresh. Anyway, we all gave MH so that makes for interesting times. My sister doesn't rent so doesn't understand that when I get stressed over those issues, she thinks that things will be okay when it's not that simple. For example, our landlord has just changed agents to a new real estate agency and we found out via email about this. The old real estate property manager has given this new agent the wrong information and has said that we are behind in rent- we aren't and have proof of this via bank statements- and also, this new property manager has messed up by not getting my email correct which means I haven't been getting their emails- only my housemate has. In addition to this, this new property manager is making claims that we haven't put rent into the new account - again, we have and have proof- and wants to evict us without even talking to us about this. Oh, and not to forget, the property manager is also sending emails at 6pm at night which is not allowed under residential laws here in Melbourne. I know my housemate and I have done everything right and have evidence to support this with proof of payment for rent, and I know the agent can't evict us due to laws in place here in Victoria due to covid19, but I'm still stressed about this. My housemate is dealing with this tomorrow morning but I just needed to get things out. 

Thanks for reading.

Judi9877

rent agents are pretty low @Judi9877 , and  obviously trying it on, seeing how many believe them

Should report them

Hi @TAB
Thanks for responding forumite friend. I would report these agencies but can’t until the new residential tenancies act is put in place on 1 January next year. It’s been delayed because of covid19 stuff here in Victoria- was meant to come in on July 1 this year. It gives us tenants a chance to list agents as being bad unlike tenants as it was previously which agents could do if they believe you were a bad tenant. I’m so looking forward to this as there are several agents that I’ll be listing.
Judi9877

doubt tat will ever happen in other states @Judi9877  but its a step in right direction i guess .. what a system  2 parties pay the value of a house, one gets the value and the gains etc the other gets the door 

Hi @Judi9877 

I am gad you got things out and hoping you feel a little better for it. Seems like you are going through so much at the moment, my thoughts are with you hun.

Take care of yourself xoxo 💕

Hi @Judi9877  very sorry to hear how much pressure you're under at this time.  I hope by now your housemate has been able to sort things out with your new real estate agent.  What a drama for you, as if things weren't hard enough being in lockdown away from home.  Take care.

Hi also @MDT @Snowie @TAB @Kurra @Angels333 @Shaz51 @Appleblossom 

I can see I have notifications from you and will read them all in a minute.  Sorry for the delay, but as usual my weekdays are fairly busy and I need time out between things.  Just wanted to say hi first.

And hello to anyone else reading this.  Would love to tag lots of people but not up to it right now.  You know who you are.

I'm going up to the farm with bro for the day tomorrow so won't be around for the Saturday Soiree - all welcome!! .  It will be really good to get out of town so I'm seizing the opportunity.  

Had an interesting appointment with my psychologist yesterday.  She is recommending that I do group programs as an outpatient at a private hospital a fair way from here.  They go for a half day and cost more than I can afford.  She says that recovery from trauma is better doing group and individual work.  I have to make enquiries about it and suss out if I can use my NDIS funds for it.  Fingers crossed.  Then there are the logistics of doing it as it's quite a distance from home.  If I need a support worker to take me and bring me home I'll probably have to book them for 4 1/2 hours on top of the hospital fee.  I'm quite keen to do them but there's a bit of paper chasing to do before that even remotely may be possible.  Sorting that out is my task for this week.  The psychologist is posting me a brochure so I have at least until next week's appointment to get onto it.  She actually designed the program but no longer works there.

Will look forward to hopefully catching up with people on Sunday/Monday if I miss you today.

@Maggie @Adge @Teej @outlander @Zoe7 @Anastasia @NatureLover @BlueBay @Exoplanet @Sophia1 @CheerBear @Musiclover @SageSolid @Marion1 @Faith-and-Hope @Owlunar @Sans911 @Emelia8 @frog @WIP @Bezak482 @Gazza75 @greenpea @Meowmy @Dadcaringalone @WriterMelb @BPDSurvivor @Blep @DJMasters 

@Eve7 @Molliex @Ant7 @Arty @Owlunar   Hi to you all too.  Hope the week has been relatively peaceful for you.   If anyone wants to start the Soiree tomorrow that would be great.  Thanks in advance.

Take care and stay safe and kind all xx

@eth 

Thanks for tagging me.

Sometimes staying busy is a good thing, but glad you can acknowledge that you also need down time in there too.

Hoping you have a good time with your bro out at the farm. After lockdown, it will be good to get into the open spaces and some fresh air.

I too have done group work through a private mh hospital. Some of it was useful, some not so much, I think it just depends on what the course is. I hope the NDIS covers it for you.

Hoping today goes ok for you 😊

Thanks @Snowie   Do you have NDIS?  If not, how did you pay for the group work?  I've been told it's over $300 per session.  I can't afford private health insurance.

Hi @eth 

No I do not have NDIS but I do have a workcover claim. So workcover paid for the group work. It was recommended to me via my pdoc. I did find most of the groups beneficial and it was worth the travel time. I also found it was nice connecting with people who had similar diagnoses to me and was very easy to relate to them.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance