Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

I'm still in shock, from losing my job (Covid Casualty) on Monday, 2 days ago.

Have not got as far as planning, or looking forward yet.

Focusing as much as possible on self-care, trying to centre & calm myself.

Kind thoughts (as much as possible), to everyone.

Adge

Hi everyone @Shaz51 @Former-Member @eth @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @TAB @greenpea

The Union emailed me, Re: Redundancies at (my ex-employer) - it was a general email, because many people from that organisation seem to have been made redundant.

Then requested information, when I replied that I was one of those terminated without indication. The communication was helpful, giving me opportunity to mention my situation.

Yet it also brought up a lot more grief (perhaps triggering), which left me feeling worse.

My 1st Yoga class back (Thursday afternoon) was good – very strange sanitising procedures, disinfecting all mats etc.

Online Dating - A lady I'm in contact with, asked about my work – so I told her of my redundancy (today).

Now I’m afraid that she will end & conversation, or not reply.

Everyone wants to Date someone who has a job (is employed).....

Adge

@Adge  Hey Adge so sorry to hear about your job .... lbut being honest about being made redundant is far more important than having a job. Being a truthful person is a very attractive asset. Love peaxxx

Think house beats job in date stakes but yeah @Adge

Thanks @greenpea & @TAB

Yes I'm truthful, hopefully that is attractive (like you said).

Yes honesty is not always the best policy (sometimes backfires)....

House Better than Job in Date Stakes - Good one TAB.

Maybe, even if it's a run-down 45 year old place....

Adge

Hah I remember quick talking when meeting people at motels 🏨 when was fifo lol. Caravan park was a bust lol. Need a house @Adge lol

I agree with @greenpea @Adge  - truthfulness is very attractive.

Sending my warmest wishes to you @Adge 

Message to Self....

Beautiful Smile Quotes. QuotesGram

Hi @Mazarita   It was a lovely feeling to come online and see a notification from you.  I love that you do drop in occasionally and would really like to catch up with you one of these days.  Decided to reply here as I don't have any current pieces to share on the writing thread.  Hope you're enjoying your quiet time and doing lots of self-care stuffs.  I'm not here as much as I was for a long time either. Offline life has a way of taking over at times and it's probably good for me to be taking care of overdue tasks. 

Lately my biggest challenge has been doing my public housing application and gathering all the evidence required to go with it.  Thank goodness for my support coordinator who is helping me with it.  For weeks there I was feeling so overwhelmed about it that I avoided doing anything about it.  Well, for months actually.  Spent the whole day yesterday so immersed in 12 months of bank statements that I forgot to eat!  Seeing what my total medical out-of-pocket expenses add up to was a shocker.  Over 1/4 of my entire income after rent.

Hi also @Adge @greenpea @TAB @Maggie @CheerBear @Zoe7 @Former-Member @Snowie @Shaz51 @frog @outlander @Sans911 @Flying_Hams @Molliex @Appleblossom @Exoplanet @Jo-anneJoy @WriterMelb @NatureLover @Jupiter @Tortoiseshell @nashy @BlueBay @Angels333 , anyone I forgot to tag and anyone else passing here today.  Hope the day has started gently and continues to be so. Wondering if there's been any word from @Lauz  and if she's coming back?

Will be around for a while this morning if anyone feels like a chat or would like some support.  Please feel free to tag me on your threads or any others I can contribute to.  It's harder to keep in touch with a lot of people when I'm not here so often.

Take care and stay kind everyone xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance