Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Good Evening @Zoe7 @eth   tonight went well for the most part,  I felt pretty good.    It was just the last class where I teach beginner adults that the anxiety crept in.   

Zoe7 I really admire you being a teacher, it's a tough job.    Well done on a good day

Way to go on getting through today and tonight @Angels333 That is a big achievement with how anxious you were feeling Smiley Very Happy

Teaching is a tough job but I do like it - wouldn't be doing it otherwise I suppose. Last year I seriously considered not going back but money more than anything meant I had to - now I am glad I did - it has certainly had it's ups and downs (and so have I) but it is still a job I love and I love the school I am at. It doesn't look promising that I will be able to stay at this school next year as there have been a lot of people wanting to transfer in - but while there is hope I will cling onto it for now.

Are you working again tomorrow?

Hi everyone @greenpea @eth @Meowmy

I was going to meet a vegan lady (online dating) - we have exchanged a few messages, but haven't met yet.

She says that her vegan friends condemn the keeping of any animal (in her case a dog), as a pet – they say that a pet animal has no freedom, so no animal should ever be kept as a pet.

I have never come across such strong (black & white) vegan views – It came as quite a shock to hear that.

That probably means that we’re not compatible, another dead-end.

Adge

@Adge Hey Adge, hope you get suitable dates soon. It is great you are meeting new people. I know someone, a friend of a friend, he talks to a few ladies on online dating as friends. They occasionally meet in person. It is interesting social setting. Hope you enjoy it. Very well done, to be positive and meeting new people.

Thanks @Meowmy Yes it is a good social outlet, or opportunity.

It's more difficult, sometimes anxiety-provoking - simply because of never having met before (in a group, etc).

Traditionally (or in the past), people met during some group activity - then went out for a Date.

So text-messaging (or emailing) someone whom I've never met, is very different - before hoping to meet in person.

At that stage, people often opt-out (cut contact), before ever actually getting to meet them in person.

Adge

Hi @Zoe7 No I'm not working tomorrow.    My shifts are Tuesday's and Saturday's.     Tomorrow I have an appointment with my Psychiatrist, I can go over all the SI thoughts I have been struggling with.      I know it's only 2 days work but I can't handle more than that.

Hi @Angels333 ,

I'm so glad you are feeling better re SH urges and that u had a helpful dbt session with psych, that's rly good and I'm rly glad to hear. 

Was today ur first day back at work, after 3 months from memory? How did it go? I hope it wasn't too challenging for u and went as smoothly as possible.

I've got plenty of appointments this week. Had psychologist ystrday, pdoc today which was rly tough bcozim not in a good way and we know I'm going to b admitted but trying to hold out until private health insurance kicks in, also saw OT today. Got group therapy on Friday and have to make apptment this week with gp for mhcp review.I don't know that any of these appointments are actually helping me, other than to help fill in the days which I find very difficult to do when I don't have appointments, and even sometimes when I do. Often the day looms large ahead of me and I just don't know what to do with myself. So in that way I am glad for the appointments.

Well I'll sign off for now, but I rly hope ur day at work went rly well for u Angel.

Take care xx

💜 @greenpea , ur a sweetheart!

@Adge  Hi Adge give it a go. Vegans are another breed to vegetarians I find. If it works out between you both she will probably feel she will be able to change your views on the subject. Just have fun and try not to worry about something that hasn't happened yet :)xx

Good morning everyone.   @greenpea @Adge @Meowmy @Zoe7 @eth @Appleblossom @Adge 

I hope you all are having a good morning,.

I'm up super early to do some ironing for my husband, I don't really mind as it's peaceful and quiet.   SH thoughts are still persisting but are less stressful than on the weekend and last week,   I see my Psychiatrist today, I'm really hoping he renews my prn script sometimes he can be reluctant to give me prn but I know it works for me.

@Doglover Yes it's been about 3 months off, four weeks of those I was in hospital.   I'm sorry to hear you're going through a tough time re: MH.   I completely understand how tough it is waiting for the private insurance to kick in, I did that a few years ago and I remember how hard it was.    Wow!  You really do have a full week of appointments!  I'm hoping they can keep you safe until you go into hospital.    How many more weeks do you have to wait?     

I send you all blessings for today,   keep safe love Angels333 xxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance