Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

When do the next school holidays start @Zoe7?  

I suppose I'm not really meant to complain as my new dentures were free under public dental clinic because I'm on a pension.  Hope your dentist doesn't charge through the roof like some private dentists do.  There are some good ones that let you do a payment plan - worth asking for before the work is done.

There are 5 weeks left here before the school holidays @eth - we finish up a few days before christmas and begin back at the beginning of February.

I have private cover that covers most of my dental bills - there is a gap fee but it is quite small - usually around $50 with the dentist I go to so it is affordable considering how much it would cost otherwise. 

Sometimes I wish I had private health insurance too @Zoe7 but overall it would cost more per year than the fees I pay for treatment.  I get mental health and allied health care plans and they cover most of what I need without too much gap to pay.  But more podiatry would be good.  And if I need hospital I'd have to go public - not good if it's for mental health but so be it for the time being.  Bro and sil put aside part of my rent into an account they hold for emergencies for me and it's slowly growing.  Touch wood I've been more stable for about a year and haven't had to be admitted since 2009 so hopefully that will continue.  But I am getting older (55) and unexpected things could come up from time to time.

Private health has covered my DBT sessions as well as dental and some psychology sessions once my MHCP sessions were completed so it has been good for me to have @eth. It is great that you have some of your rent put away for emergencies - that is great to have as a fall-back.

@Zoe7 I should have mentioned that NDIS funds now cover my weekly psychology for another 36 or so sessions this year.  And I'm over the medicare safety net so only pay $30-$50 gap for the psychiatrist.  And my GP bulk bills me.  So overall I guess I'm grateful for these systems to be working for me currently.

You are certainly very lucky to have that all in place @eth. My GP bulk bills as well which is good because I see her regularly once a week still. We are going to change that once work is sorted to fortnightly. The aim is that I see her once a fortnight and then my psychologist on the alternative weeks - so I will still have those weekly catch-up sessions with either my psych or GP. I also have weekly pdoc sessions but that is covered under my private health and part of the weekly hospital cover for that and DBT - so I pay the excess each year and the rest is covered. I think my excess is around $200 - need to check that as it will be due at the beginning of next year again.

Hello ALL

Just popping in.

Smiley Happy

We ate at Schnitz and had an icecream as a celebration and will go see a movie later.

Feel like being quiet.

Smiley Happy

Sounds like a quiet day for you @Appleblossom and a nice one Smiley Happy

A quiet one for me too today - finish planning later but for now resting up with Toby and playing on here - that is a relaxing day for me Smiley Tongue I have  a little housework to do but it is not essential to get it all done straight away.

What movie are you planning on seeing?

He is talking Creed, I'd prefer Queen ... not sure

Yes there is no hurry re cleaning.Its always needed.

Heart @Zoe7

I haven't heard anything about Creed but a lot of great things about Queen @Appleblossom - that is one movie I wouldn't mind seeing either. Either way it will be nice to relax for the afternoon.

You are right about the cleaning - it always needs to be done - I will be happy to get the kitchen and vacuuming done today - when both of those are done I always feel a lot better.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance