Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@CheerBear Hi CheerBear I didn't realise you were in a MH hope you are doing okay xxxHeart

My clothing is definately eccentric compared to what it was when I was younger but my daughter said I was enigmatic. Maybe enigmatic and eccentric go together, Quirky :

definatley a compliment.

quirky
ˈkwəːki/
adjective

1. having or characterized by peculiar or unexpected traits or aspects.
    "her sense of humour was decidedly quirky"
    synonyms:eccentricidiosyncraticunconventionalunorthodoxunusualoff-centrestrangebizarreweirdpeculiaroddfreakishoutlandishoffbeatout of the ordinary, Bohemianalternativezany; More

Hi @greenpea responding to your question last night ...... people say my Mum is 'just eccentric' .......... next to her you're totally sane!!

Good morning @Mazarita @outlander @Shaz51 @CheerBear and anyone else who might be around early this morning.  Crashed out really early last night so I'm up earlier than usual today.  Will go back and read the night's posts now.

Morning everyone ☺

@outlander I hope you were able to find some peace or rest last night. Anxiety cucumbers - I agree haha.

Lovely to hear about your catch up with your friends @Mazarita. I hope the yucky feelings settled and you also found some sleep/rest. Good to hear the notification problem solving is progressing. I am not only often getting them out of order and delayed in a big way but I am missing many via email now. Hope the psychiatrist appointment goes well today.

Morning @greenpea and thank you. I am doing better than I was two weeks ago and will be ready to come home properly by the end of next week ☺ I think enigmatic and eccentric could definitely go together. As much as I love the shared aspects of being human, I love the differences between us all and really enjoy getting to know the 'odd' or unusual bits of people. Go the oddballs 😉😆

Hi also to @Exoplanet, @eth, @Sophia1, @Maggie, @Shaz51, @Twinklelight and all who come by. Hope there's good in the day for everyone 💗

Hi @CheerBear we posted at the same time.  How are you this morning?  

Morning @eth ☺ I am good thanks. I'm enjoying a cup of coffee at the moment. I've cut down to only two cups a day, both in the morning so it's a bit of a thing I look forward to and enjoy. I have come home for two nights to spend time with the kids and we had a nice night together last night. I coped well with it and feel good about it so the weekend has started off pretty good thanks.

How are you going? Do you have any plans for today?

Hi @CheerBear lovely that you're having a good time with your kids and coping well.  Hopefully you are getting to sit outside with your coffee like you do so often.  And hoping that the MH place you've been in is a good one for you.   I've just been outside and the currawongs are singing loudly this morning.  No coffee for me yet as I may go back to bed before long.

"Go the oddballs!" should be my new mantra I write on my arm 😄 (just wrote it on my arm :P)

Thanks @eth. It is a great place to be. It's managed by area mental health so there is catt support but it is a step down from hospital and the focus is all about recovery and psychosocial support (which suits me much better than full on clinical support). It's exactly what I needed ☺

I am outside at my coffee spot freezing my butt off at the moment! The sun is just starting to rise and with it has come the little finches chirping.

Hope you find yourself peacefully in bed if you get there again this morning ☺

Haha @greenpea! I fully embrace my oddballness! Love that you have it on your arm 😁

Hi @greenpea  next it'll be a tatoo!  I  have a couple of them on my upper arms and I'm sure that when I get asked to explain them people think I'm an oddball to say the least!  Hope you are well this morning.

@CheerBear  It sounds like a wonderful place you are - I've never found anything other than acute MH at public hospital.  Is it really expensive or do you have private health insurance so that you can go there?  If it's in the Hunter region I'd very much like to know about it, tho I appreciate you probably can't say it on here.  Sounds like a much needed service to help people stay out of the acute places.

I did get back to bed and have only woken not long ago.  So somehow I managed about 11 hours sleep (in 4 naps) - 2 x 4hr stints in there somewhere - very unusual for me.

Good morning @Mazarita @outlander @Shaz51 if you're around, and anyone else passing by.

Morning everyone @eth @CheerBear @greenpea @Mazarita @Exoplanet and everyone
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance