Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Also had first of the two-weekly cleaning today. When I got home and saw what the cleaner had done, I was so happy. It felt like a weight blessedly lifted off me.--- how lovely my @Mazarita Heart

love you update my scotirish sister , take care , one step at a time too xxx

hello @Appleblossom@greenpea@outlander@eth 

Thanks, @Appleblossom. Interesting to know you have had some similar reactions. With my neck, I feel there is a spinal nerve issue happening too, as I'm getting parasthesia radiating out from that region around base of skull. Sometimes whole spine is lightly tingling. But have been thoroughly tested neurologically and not really into the idea of more. 

Lol to the little spots on the shower glass (know them well, hehe). 

Hearing you about going beyond old wounds.

Yes, genuine optimism. Heart

Byron Bae. That production company has picked a region full of effective opponents, well experienced. I wonder what will happen. I think it's fair enough that the community does not wish to be depicted unfairly. The reputation of the town is important to their economy too. I hope the locals win.

Hi beautiful, @Shaz51 my sister. Yes, small and steady. Hugs and love. Heart

Even tho I have never lived in the area, I have my own experiences of the region which do not seem right for the sordidness of reality tv.  Well anyway thats me.

@Mazarita I like that you realise the locals are experienced activists.

Smiley Happy

Just Hugs

Heart

Byron is not much further than 100kms from where I live, @Appleblossom. Been there many times. I moved up this way after travelling from Melbourne to the Byron Blues and roots festival, after which I wanted to live in this general region. I love this place. We in this whole wider area live on a massive lava flow from an ancient volcano, overgrown now lush and green. Reality TV - I feel the participants are being exploited and feel sorry for them. 

Hi @TideisTurning   I haven't been up to starting a new WRAP thread yet, but I'm happy to answer questions people might have about it if you wish to tag me in to them.  Don't know how to find out who was in the discussion at this late date.  They can then tag me wherever they want to with their questions.

Hi @Mazarita @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @greenpea @outlander   hope you are all having a fair day today.  I only seem to be getting on here about once a week lately.  Lots of other stuff going on in my life.  But still no start to the writing gig - probs some time in May now.  So lots of anxiety about that, prep for NDIS plan review, and DBT day program all coinciding in June, which I had tried hard to avoid.

I'm not familiar with the show you refer to about Byron Bay @Appleblossom and @Mazarita .  I've just finished yet another EMDR session with my psychologist about my experiences there which still affect me strongly.  A terrible assault that almost did me in, in the bush near there, and then disgusting treatment by the police that followed.  So I'll not be trying to find out more or watch the show you mention.  Interesting timing that I see this just now.  I'm ok though.  I know I am safe in my own home now and have more skills and resources to help if I have to deal with them again.  I wasn't able to do a victim statement or be compensated as I was outside the statute by the time I was able to face trying to deal with it all.

Thanks for your detailed post to me @Mazarita   Lovely to hear how good you feel about your support worker and also the cleaning in your home.  And that you have plans to work on more goals with your support worker.  That things are gradually falling into place for you.

With your possible reaction to the  yoga session ... one thing is all sorts of energy channels and soft tissue pathways will be being stimulated/blocks cleared by doing the poses.  And two is that it's possible for muscle tension to affect the vagus nerve in your neck and trigger nausea.  And three is that yoga has strong actions on your endochrine and hormone systems too, which could explain some of it (including the big sleep after the first session).  Sorry to hear you went through what must have been quite scary while it was happening - light headedness, shakyness etc.  Hopefully your yoga teacher/support worker/friend has enough training to understand and adapt what you're doing to prevent at least some of what you experienced from happening again.  Hope you've been able to get some more sleep since your post.  

Nice to hear you still have your good friend to visit.

And that C is also feeling the benefits of you having more support in your life, in ways that take the pressure off him.  Sometimes we don't know how much we've been carrying until we get a break - I'm thinking of both of you when I say that.  Hopefully your relationship will also benefit from the change in dynamics.  I know that it helped me in my relationships with bro and sil enormously as I developed other supports and needed less from them.

Hi also to @Judi9877 @Angels333 @HenryX  and best wishes.  This post is all I'm up to at the moment, but I'm always grateful to be tagged and read your posts.

@eth 

Heart

Hi @Mazarita  just a shout out to see if you're around this morning.  Haven't heard from you for a bit and hoping things are going well for you.

Good morning @outlander @greenpea @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @TAB @Judi9877 @Angels333   I can see you've tagged me since I was last here.  Life off-line has taken over for a while now.  On top of my regular appointments and daily life tasks I am trying to spend a couple of days a week writing in prep for my residency and also adjusting to working with a new support worker.  Still no start date for that which is pretty frustrating but nothing I can do about it.  And then when I'm not busy I need to balance it all with some do-nothing time, so I'm sorry I'm not responding and present for people more of the time, but as we all know there are times when we have to listen to our own needs first before we can truly be there for others.  It does mean a lot to me that some of you keep me in the loop as when I do get here I'm feeling pretty disconnected from lots of people I used to have contact with regularly.  Thinking of @Emelia8 @frog @MDT (hoping this is who I think it is!) @Exoplanet @Maggie @CheerBear @Owlunar @Adge @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @Meowmy  and many others - sorry if I've missed you.  A big Hi to all and sending wishes that today is one of the good ones.

yes re @MDT  @eth  Hi Cat Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance