Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

Hello and hugs my friend @Emelia8 ❤❤

Dear @Emelia8 , I can only imagine your terrible grief. It must be so hard to keep going, to even get up. I see you on the support button and am glad you're still logging on and getting the support from all your forum friends. I hope that maybe you might be getting some extra support from your psychologist too. 

Sending much 💜 and firm hugs...

20210506 (34)yyy-01_1_1.jpeg

Hi @Emelia8  how are you? What are you doing with your days? Especially thinking of you this morning as I'm about to have my  mammogram crush 😖 You know , they'd come up with something better for us if men had testicals checked this way :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Be strong 🌷 

💗🌸💗🌸💗🌸💗🌸💗🌸💗

Thankfully no probs, just a Small fluid cyst of no concern. Counting my blessings. But I was told coffee (not tea thank goodness), coffee retains fluids and contributes to discomfort. Sincevi recently started drinking ground coffee, just might have to just stick with my EB T 😉
Love to hear from you Em 💗

Good news @Former-Member that there was nothing of concern with your mammogram. 😊🙏💓

Interesting what you say about coffee causing fluid retention ... I didnt know that.  

But I guess I wouldn't ... I've never been a coffee drinker.

So now you will have to stick to English Breakfast tea with me from now on.  🤩

Thank you for all the lovely messages you have been sending me.  I very much appreciate you, and everyone else here, keeping in touch.  I know there isnt much response from me, and I'm sorry about that.  It must feel very one sided for you all under the circumstances.  I just have very little left to give, and the attention span of an amoeba ... totally lacking.  I did see my psych a couple of weeks ago, but she is on leave now until June.  She is having surgery and will be taking a month off to recover.  But she has been keeping in touch via email, and encouraged me to contact her if I ever need to.

There is still so much for me to arrange, sort and do.  It really is never ending.  But I am going to be going away for a week from this Friday.  Its a bit of a retreat which I had organised back in December.  Its through a charity organisation which donate week long retreats for breast cancer patients.  A way to get away and to catch up with friends and family.  Hubby was to be going too of course, and I had considered cancelling it when he died.  But I decided to keep the booking and invite a few friends and family up to spend a few days each there with me.  Its a 2 bedroom unit, with full kitchen etc. 

So I have a friend coming up from the city for a few days and my brother and his wife for the latter part of my week-long stay.  Its not far away, only an hour's drive for me.  Which is what I wanted when I made the booking, with hubbys incapacity in mind.  I had a choice of other resorts in other states, but that all seemed too difficult.  Anyway I'm glad I made that decision now.  Its only a short walk to the beach, adequate eateries nearby, good walking tracks etc and other things to do in the area.  So I will probably get out and about when I have others with me. But when I am on my own I can get meals in and do my own breakfasts and light night time meals.  Probably go out for lunches I expect. 

I think it is probably good timing, in that I need to now get out from behind these four walls.  Leave behind all the administative things I have yet to finish, and just take a break and get a change of scene for a week.

After I get back I have an appointment with my surgeon for another post surgery checkup.  And an appointment with my psych soon after that.  I saw my oncologist a couple of weeks ago and that went okay, she was happy with how things are going.  Also confirmed that I need my next mammogram and ultrasound in late August.

My Dad hasnt been well again.  He is recovering well from his operation to remove a cancer from his head and the skin graft needed. But sadly he has once again got an infected foot.  A problem because he has virtually no circulation in his toes or lower legs. Even when he had a seriously infected big toe and it basically ate out half the bone of his toe a year or more ago, he never felt a thing.  So when most people would know from having a sore toe or foot that something was amiss ... Dad doesnt.  And its only when his whole foot and leg starts blowing up with swelling and redness, that its discovered.  He's a bugger at keeping things under wraps too.  Doesnt want to cause any trouble by bringing anyones attention to it.  Oh well ... so it was back to the Dr last week for Dad and regular check ups and antibiotics again.  He is quite frail, which is sad. 

I need to make another attempt to get down to visit. As you may recall, my last visit resulted in the death of hubby, so I was only there a few days and had to come home.  I'm going to try to get there in mid to late June I think. 

My dear little Holly still has her cough and breathing issues, but it may be marginally better since I started her on a natural remedy for upper respiratory and throat issues.  Fingers crossed its not just my imagination that its a little better.  I so badly want it to be fixed, because the vet has no idea.  I'm going to take her to PetBarn tomorrow to get her nails cut.  Normally hubby holds her and I cut them.  But she is a real little devil and now that I dont have someone to hold her, I just cannot safely cut them myself.  So I have an appointment with the groomer at 11am tomorrow.  I hope she behaves. Its only $10 and if they can do the job, its money well spent.  And a load off my mind.

Just tagging others here who have posted to me lately too.  My apologies if I have missed anyone. See update above. @Former-Member  @NatureLover @Shaz51 @outlander @BlueBay @Anastasia @Clawde @Eve7 @WIP @Sans911 @Sophia1 @Appleblossom @Bellarose75 @Faith-and-Hope @Peri @Owlunar @Zoe7 @Snowie @greenpea @Bow 

Emelia 🌸

@Emelia8 🙏💕🧚‍♀️🧚‍♂️

Thanks for the update @Emelia8 

I hope you enjoy your time away on your retreat. It sounds like a really good place and I am glad you have friends/family going with you.

Lots of love and hugs to you 💕💜💕💜

@Emelia8  Em I really didnt know what to say sweetheart except that pea is here always for you. I love you Em always remember that even if I cannot read the whole of your posts I appreciate being included. You are a wonderful lady. peaxxxHeart

💖 @Emelia8 

Good to hear your news @Emelia8 

Heart

Hope Holly improves.

Enjoy that retreat.

HeartSmiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance