Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

Oh @Emelia8 - my heart did leap with joy to see you post tonight. Those dreaded forms bring it all to the foreground, OUCH! Know how that hurts😢
Of cause you don't feel like a "widow" or "single" person et. Your husband is still very much a part of you. You need time to adjust. The forms are stupid heartless protacol that pushes us into facing 'it' before we're ready.
And who are you? you have gone within, you are the part of you that observes all this happening, the part we call Em. And you are wonderful and you will find your arms and legs again, when you're ready and not before. In the meantime, gotta go through the motions, but be gentle on yourself, you're adjusting, and you are enough. Take all the time you need ❣️ Check in often. It does my heart good to see all the love here for you 🌸💜🌸

Hi @Emelia8 Clawde loves you, we all do, you are huge in our lives Thankyou XXXXXXXXXX.

Oh @Emelia8 

It's so good to see you here!!!!

What @Former-Member said 🙏💞

Love you more x

Dear @Emelia8 , thanks for posting, when things are so overwhelming. 

@Emelia8 wrote:

So my sense of identity is missing right now, and I lack any purpose in life.

I feel for you...I guess it will take time. I know that people here who have gone through terrible grief are here with their understanding and support for you, and I'm thankful.

I'm glad you appreciated the past 2 days to yourself...I am wishing for what you need, when you need it, to get through.

Srending 💜 and care...

Love you ❣️

@Emelia8 

@Emelia8  💜

Dear @Emelia8 ,

i was so pleased to see you posting. But I understand that you need time to yourself, to readjust your life.it is a strange time after such a loss.  But you are much more than the roles you have been. You are You, your own glorious self. You have never been just a wife or a carer. It will take time but you will start to see life from another perspective. 

Right now you just need to be in your space and allow the grieving process to take place.

your friends here will be here for you when you are ready 

peri

@Emelia8 

Heart

Foregrounds/ BackgroundsForegrounds/ Backgrounds

Heart

Thinking of you, slowly, gradually entering a new stage of life.  I agree, who would want to be a widow with all its sad connotations, but choose what aspects dignify your position as you move forward.  

Gently Bently

Apple

Heart

20210503-105943_1_1-01-01.jpeg

(((((( 🌸💜 @Emelia8  💜🌸 ))))))

I hear you my beautiful friend. Sitting with you holding your hand knowing that you will find your way again. Knowing that you are strong enough to make it through this tough time. Sending you love, light and compassion. 
@Emelia8 ❣️🌹❣️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance