Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

Oh no @Emelia8 I’m sorry you gave Willow back. I guess it would be hard to find a rental with a dog. 
Have you found a rental property?

we are still looking for another property but we have lots of time. 

thinking of you xxxooo

I am sorry Willow is no longer with you @Emelia8.

I hope the house hunting improves for you. I know it’s hard at present but I’m sure there will be a perfect solution very soon.

💕💚🫂💚💕

Hi @Emelia8 , I just read your Worry Room post and am concerned for you...I know how tight the rental market is, plus I know you have your upcoming surgery in about 8 or 9 weeks, is that right?

I will be sending wishes for you that a home becomes available for you in the next 5 weeks, either a rental or a buy. 💜

Thinking of you dear @Emelia8 

as you face another challenge.

Have you got someone helping you with all of this?

We had to use storage and take minimum when we sold and had 3 week settlement.

I don't want to bang on about different suggestions as I have not read your thread for a while. It is too long for me which sounds ridiculous.

I do want to stay in touch and offer the little support that I can though.

sending you a big hug and warm smile. I am sharing them around today.

Sophia 💜

Finally some good news!  I have just been accepted for 2 of the 3 rental properties I applied for.  Yay!  I have decided to accept the small villa, which is in the area I want to buy in.  Which meant I had to locate somewhere for storage.  Who would have thought that finding storage for some furniture and effects, would be harder to find than a house for me?  Storage is almost impossible to find it seems.  I called half a dozen places last Friday in the off chance I may get this villa, and all said "nope, nothing available".  So when I got notified this morning that the villa was mine if I wanted it, I rang around again.  I was so lucky, one place had a storage unit vacated over the weekend.  I had to go and sign up and pay immediately to secure it.  But its now done, and I have paid the holding deposit and first week's rent of the villa.  Such a relief.  I will take possession of the keys to the villa on Friday 26th August, and likely move in somewhere around 5th-7th September.  I have a removalist coming on Thursday to give me a quote and see just when they can fit me in.  I am starting to make lists in my head - dump, vinnies, sell, store, move with me.  I have been culling stuff for the past month and dropping bags and boxes of goodies off to the local charity shop every time I drive past. So I have been making good progress, and really havent left it to the last minute.  In fact I actually feel like I'm in pretty good shape.  Though I may well change my mind come moving day. Its all taking a toll on my physical health.  I am in pain!  Seeing a physio twice a week to try to get through though.  I will get there, I have to.  Surgery less than 2 months away now.

So happy for you my friend @Emelia8 xxxxx

@Emelia8 , am overjoyed and soooo relieved for you! Both about the rental and the storage!!! Yay! 😞 💜

@Emelia8 congrats on getting a rental Heart thats amazing news

I'm so sorry you've gone through so much loss.your so brave 

Yaaay sister @Emelia8 , one step at a time now xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance