Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

Ooooh @Emelia8 

What a huge week and post.

Heart

That hub could do with a course in diplomacy! You put up with a lot.

Walking with you.

Heart

thanks @Emelia8  for the update.  I am glad that you are having the surgery soon. 

Sending you lots of hugs xxxooo

@Emelia8  Thank you for keeping us updated on your progress. I'm glad the surgery is soon and I hope all goes well. My thoughts and prayers are with you 💕🕯🙏 xx

@Emelia8 💜💙💛

Thanks for the update.my sister @Emelia8 
I am glad you got into surgery so quickly
I pray that all goes well for you.and walking with you everyday xoxo

❤❤🧡🧡💛💛💚💚💙💙💜💜🤎🤎💗💗💓💓

@Emelia8 💞💞

@Emelia8  Hey Em it is wet, wet, wet here. Son2 is with his dad so I am chilling out to soft music and will soon watch some tv. I hope wherever you are that you are treating yourself with kindness and caring. Here is a song for you.

Something to hopefully lighten your day a bit. Love you. peaxx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFkUS1sSoPA

Thank you everyone ... so very much.  I cannot tag you all as I'm not in a good frame of mind just now.  

I was about to update you all about some important news to me. But as a result of something that just happened ... I just cannot do so now.

I'm sorry ... I cannot be here now.  I will see how I feel about things  tomorrow ... maybe I can talk then.

Emelia 😔💕

I hope you're ok @Emelia8 

pls take care xxx

@Emelia8 

Hi Em

Thanks for such a thorough up-date on what's happening with you - what a tough serve cancer is - not an easy trip for you at all - and you are ticking off the boxes - getting something done urgently is not easy at all - I will be with you all the way - it can't be easy doing all this alone

And it's a lot - basic cover gets you into hospital - and it costs a lot for one person anyway - but I would keep it - you may need it in the future - I had to wait nine months to see a surgeon when I tore the tendon in my right shoulder when I was in the public system - and it healed before I was to have the surgery - luckily - and that was really tough - so even though you may have trouble paying for something to be done privately - it can be done - but it's up to you in the long run I understand

You are making tough decisions all over the place too - but I understand - going public at this stage will work for you - and I am glad of that - it won't be a long and drawn out process - but it will seem like an age waiting this time anyway and you are so alone with all of this.

It seems like everyone in the system is being kind and caring about you - I hope this is the case - sorry about your husband giving you a hard time with your choice of going public - he wouldn't understand I guess seeing as he has a Gold Card - my father had one of these and went first class all the way - 

I wish I could be with you to help you through this tough time - you come across as a tough person who makes tough decisions and goes through with your choices. But I know you are not and this is hard for you and lonely too and you think of your mother a great deal - 

I am a tired old owl right now but my thoughts are strong as ever and caring a whole lot - sending my best in everything - and again - how I wish I could be there with you - and everyone

DecMy Monday owl looks pretty smart - it's okay - and I am in the air for youMy Monday owl looks pretty smart - it's okay - and I am in the air for you

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance