Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

20210422.poppies.sun.jpg

Thinking of you (((((@Emelia8)))))❣️

@Emelia8 💞

Dear @Emelia8 , thinking of you, hoping that you're able to rest, eat and drink fluids...sending much 💜

@Emelia8 

Screenshot_2021-05-01-12-39-51-90.jpg

afternoon @Emelia8 Heart

how is little Holly going ?

hope the stray cat is behaving himself xxxx

been a crazy week up , not much work because of rain -- 16 days straight of pouring rain sooo far 

is it getting cooler there 

meerkat 1.jpg

grief.absence (33).jpeg

images (2).jpeg

Hi  @Emelia8 - love to know how you are going? If you're getting any support at home? Are people staying? I don't know if to think you just running around after guests or left alone and crying and sleeping 😢 Just worries cause I remember how it was for me when everyone left and I was alone and I just don't want to see you go through that. We're here when you need us. No pressure. Just  ❣️

@Emelia8 💞💗💞

Thinking of you & hoping you are alright, with support around you xx

Don't forget to lean on us here sweetheart @Emelia8 ❣️👀🙏

Thank you everyone ... I lean on you all every day.  I just am not very visible right now. My apologies for lack of response.  I am listening, reading, hearing ... each of your messages ... and appreciate them all. They help to sustain me on a daily basis.

Struggling with a sense of identity right now.  No idea really who or what I am any more.

Filled in a form yesterday, requiring me to tick a box .... Married / Single / Widowed / etc.

I dont see myself as a Widow ... and I actually detest the word.  It gives me an image of something that I'm not. Or I dont see myself as, even if I actually am. But what am I, who am I, where do I go from here? 

A bit over 2 weeks ago, I was a wife of over 23 years .. now technically I'm a widow.  What does that even mean?  A little over 2 weeks ago, I was a full time carer.  Now I'm nothing ... no purpose, no role.  As silly as it may seem, given my husbands terminal cancer and other major illnesses that he has been diagnosed with over the past 4 years ... I have never really envisaged a life without him.  

So my sense of identity is missing right now, and I lack any purpose in life.

The last of my house guests and out of town visitors left on Thursday, so I have had the past 2 days to myself. I needed that.

Emelia 

Image result for I dont know who or what I am any more

@Emelia8 

Thinking of you

Pretty in Pink Boxed Flowers Brisbane

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance