Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: 9 things NOT to say to someone with MI - Teaching others what to say

imageFor too long we have swept the problems of mental illness under the carpet... and hoped that they wo....

They say what doesn't k..l ya makes ya stronger. Maybe taking the boogeyman out of mental illness will make a real difference.

Quote on depression - Depression is like a bruise that never goes away. A bruise in your mind.

image image

Loopy

Good stuff Loopy.

Rick
Good reading....

Now may I respond.
My usual speak when speaking in 'the context,' is I am a proud consumer. Which means....'I have accessed mental health agencies in the past.'

Hear hear on what you write.

Now how can we gently spoon this into the community.
Bit by bit.

Casting the line out a little bait in a hook ....a little nugget of knowledge. Reel it in....community knowledge grow.... wait a bit and cast out again.

On our one mast schooner.

Being proud to be a consumer will start. A client. A patient.
Nice and calm.

Now my friend makes me dinner tonight. two games of scrabble with desert.
Tomorrow I'm getting my act together to start another pic.
Hope you have fun for the weekend.

justanother47yr,

Mental Health Joke Picture

Sorry could not resist this one.

There's a fine line between genius and insanity.  I have erased this line.

"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity."

Loopy

Hi loopy,
Your research is very cool :0)
The first one is cheeky but also funny hey :0) :0)

The second one is so so true
So is the third one
Thanks

justanother47yr, I try to do my best. It is doing things, making others read and challenge or agree, that gives me a lift by taking my mind off myself and the demons in my head. But all they do is wait until I relax a little and to the fore they charge taking control again. I went out on Saturday night with one of the Vet riders and I had to call his lady to get him. When she collected him she looked at me and said,ïts all your fault, he hates this place and I could have been killed coming to get him you are nothing but a selfish bastard".

Blaming me for putting her life at risk. I felt like a total loser and I burst into uncontrollable sooking to be helped by a kind passer by who took me home, made sure I was safe and left. No name given just helping some Innocent person out. May HER god be with always. There are still some kind people out there just few and far between.

lost loopy.

justanother47yr, thanks. I really needed that.
Virtual OOOO
loopy

So i just had the bombshell comment dropped from my dad..... "your bored? well get off your a$$ and do something"

Yes dad that seems so easy to say....... yet yesterday no not something i could motivate myself to do, 3 days of zero motivation = me being depressed and doing to great,

but funny enough stewed over it most of last night fell asleep for a couple of hours, woke up this morning ENERGISED!!!

So maybe that helped me - doubt it, i think my mood spike has helped me

kato, sometimes words like that shake the demon about in your head and he is disrupted when you wake in the morning, but don't be fooled he will wait for the right time and it takes over again.

loopy

I've struggled with comments that are ment to hurt me, to push me out of being mentally ill. The ones who say " the truth hurts but sometimes one needs to be cruel to be kind " and then they give me too many "reasons" why I am unstable. For instance: I am weak minded, I have no discipline or self control, I need to be busy, I am too self absorbed, I need to think about how much worse other people are than me. OR: your just a whinger, you don't even try and the worst is when I'm told that I'm just plain pathetic! GEE no wonder I don't like ME!!! Yeah I'm pretty sure that I will be a stronger more stable person with listening to that good advise. NOT. Arrogant idiots are worse off than me, that's my opinion.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance