Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: 9 simple rules (for dealing with my schizophrenia)

Thanks @Queenie for your words - made my day 🙂

Thanks - it helps to know we are not alone in dealing with our various issues.

Anti-psychotics do help...until they don’t. Now I’m facing admission.

Thanks for your kind words and I hope today has been a good day

Thank you

Hello @missj54 

Thank you for revealing such an indepth version of how schizophrenia affects you...

I first joined these forums in desperation..a total mess..

I was desperately seeking answers....someone or some people who would listen as well as give me the tiniest amount of insight into schizophrenia as opposed to the version from the media world..

I did find some support from others with first hand experience on the carers side...nothing on the lived experience side..

this has now changed in the last two years that I have been here...

Your post has helped me tremendously in dealing with guilt and boundary setting when having discussions with my family member..

Thank you so much for openly discussing your experiences..

Invaluable for a family member or friend of someone struggling with similar symptoms..

Thank you again

Sophia

Hi Missj54 , your excellent piece of writing prompted me to sign up ! Something I have never done before , so thank you for that !  Thanks too for your insight and honesty . You have done a great job of explaining something that is indescribable. I’m so glad you were able to capture this wisdom   ❤️♥️❤️ Know that you have helped someone today! All the best on your journey . 2BZen

Hi @missj54, thank you for posting your experience with  Sz. You write it so well. I identify with much of how you feel  (makes me worry  my diagnosis is wrong). #4 and the noisy head struck home. Really picked up how very exhausting your days can be. I'll never again take offence when someone cancels on me, or runs off early... now that you said this, or beat myself up for cancelling as often as I have to. Its all so very real. You are so brave.
👍Thank you 💕

I think you make a lot of  sense and it makes it clearer to me @missj54. I will make a note to read it again as it helps move forward with the condition. I just want to sleep less as i sleep 11 hours a day due to medication and can't seem to get up.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance