Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Miss_S
Contributor

Im going to be admitted into hospital

I saw my psychiatrist yesterday afternoon and he is admitting me into hospital. Because of my mental state at the moment and im drinking and smoking soo much that it will end my life. Im very scared and dont want to be left alone in hospita away from my family, my partner and my pet bird. I know what to expect because I have previously been in the young adult mental health ward a few times before. But every time is so scary for me. I dont get to look for alcohol when im feeling like this. 😞 im heart broken 😞
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Im going to be admitted into hospital

Try not to stress mate..I always crap myself at just the mention of psychiatrist ....let alone being admitted...try to look at it as a well earned rest...your family, bird etc are not going anywhere..they will b there waiting to c a healthier you...plus its a good chance to catch up with some interesting people...I personally find " normal" folk to be sad boring and depressing..thinking of u..peace.

Thank you for the reply. Im just sitting here crying my eyes out because noone will take me to the bottleshop and i dont drive. I feel i cant live without having a drink.

Hi @Miss_S 

Sorry to hear that you're so stressed and upset about hospital. Is there soemthing that you're hoping for to come out of the admission though? Even though the admission is not so great.. is there someething to hope for from it? 

Ive not been well this week, ended up in er after a collapse this week and was terrified they'd make me stay. but i promised to look after myself and do as i was told lol but very different circumstances. and i have two lil ones who need me home. 

When i was admitted into hospital for my mental health i really did come out a lot better. my moods were more stable and i could cope with life again. wasn't a cure all of course but i came out in a better place to start from.

Fingers crossed that your admission helps,

lj

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance