Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Evie1
Senior Contributor

I was going ok but then Suicide took over

I was ok but the Suicide took over I had a small panic attack made calls but I still feel totally reduced today like my life is pointless I wanna live cus theres a reason I was born healthy and alive but I just a little push I still about Suicide all the time and I still sometimes self harm as it doesn’t hurt 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: I was going ok but then Suicide took over

Hello @Evie1

I'm sorry to hear that things are feeling pointless and that you've been thinking about suicide. That's such a difficult place to be.

Well done for reaching out today. It's great that you have been able to hold onto the knowledge that there's a reason you were born healthy and alive. I have read your posts before but I can't recall if you have a support team in place. Is there someone you can talk to? Or any professional supports that you can reach out to?

Please keep making calls to the appropriate services if the thoughts come back (some numbers are below). It sounds like you are really motivated to live, which is great. That makes me think that things will definitely get better. 

Lifeline: 131 114

The Samaritans: 135 247

Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467

I just feel bad I don’t know why 

Yes,it is a bummer of a thing,sneaks up on you without any provication.unfortunately it is the nature of the illness. You have to fight it, you self talk, try to fatham out what bought it on, ask yourself all the questions. Move yourself to another room take yourself right away from your present location to break the bad thoughts. If it is a sunny day ,go outside in the sun,it works wonders.   Try to engage in conversation with someone,don't continue to dwell on your morbid thinking because as long as you continue to dwell in that miserable thinking mood,the longer it will stay around.    Try to do something physical like cooking ,gardening or if you have a pet,hold it close to you ,talk to it ,love it.    Keep warm,indulge yourself with a treat like a favourite cake and a cuppa or a piece of fruit you like for that special occasion.   Watch a comedy dvd,do that job you have been putting off.  Plan an outing call a friend and discuss it.          I hope these thoughts help you.  If you try to change your thoughts it will pass quicker,if you keep going over it ,again and again,it will drag you down  Chin up most of us have been there often ,and we are still here to tell the tale.

ello @Evie1 weare here fryou y friend xoso

I can’t distract myself I just feel alone 

I’m this dark whole alone I need to someone to pull me I’m stuck in a rut and I need to be pulled out 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance