Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: HOME

Hi @utopia

If your son is no longer considered dependent on you, then he should be entitled to his own C’link income as a student.  Try that avenue.

If he is entitled to an income then you will need to let him know that you and he will have to combine your income to be able to manage, and if he refuses, which some kids might, then tell him you will be charging board and living costs, leaving him only a small allowance out of whatever the payment is, because you are buying the washing powder, running the washing machine, paying the household bills, buying and preparing the food, upkeeping the house and yard, etc.

utopia
Senior Contributor

@Faith-and-Hope. No he doesn't get what I've lost. The reduction in payment is because he is of an age where I shouldn't need to be home with him and should be working.

2 weeks ago they told me there will be no changes to my payments and I'm medically exempt untill 30/4/19 from needing to work again.  But then I got a Centrelink recording telling me my exemption runs out within the next fortnight. That was the one my psychiatrist wrote but that the Centrelink one til April next year was to continue on from the one ending soon. Think they haven't pressed the right button on the computer.

So when I'm able to cope with having leave to go down the street, I'll have to go to a local CentreLink Branch.

But really today has been so much better

Sounds like the second one hasn’t come through the pipeline yet .....

@utopia

Hi @utopia suggest you see your GP for a medical certificate for Centrelink to move you onto the sickness then disability benefit. The one you're currently on is inappropriate. Phone or email your local MP if you have any more problems with Centrelink.

Best wishes Heart

Hi @FrancesPharma and welcome to the forums 👋

utopia
Senior Contributor

@Faith-and-Hope@FrancesPharma

I'm not eligible for the disability pension unfortunately. My psychiatrist is still trying to find the right medication combination for me.until then, I have an exacerbation of an existing condition. 

And I'm exempt from even having to look for work until the end of April 2019.

This stuff has been going on for 4 years now.

I'll see what the local centrelink office says. I might go tomorrow morning. 

utopia
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the forum @FrancesPharma. Your name makes me think of Frances Farmer (possibility spelt incorrectly) - who was a Hollywood star.

Morning @utopia .... 👋💕

I received an email yesterday stating that my next round of uni fees hadn’t been paid and I was in danger of being kicked out of the course.

This morning I received  an email thanking me for my payment and showing a $0 due on the invoice.

Tgeyhad been paid a few days ago.

Sonetimes it’s one department catch up belatedly with another ..... I hope that is what it is for you.

Zoe7
Community Guide

@utopia I hope you can get to Centrelink and get this sorted ASAP - sorry you are still deaming with this all - and hopefully it is just an admin error and is an easy fix for you Heart

utopia
Senior Contributor

@Faith-and-Hope. For some reason the money comes out of your account the second that you pay a bill - but takes days for that money to be processed at the other end  I wonder what happens to that money. Does it float above our heads just out of reach - or is it in cyberspace or the clouds.  Would love to get my hands on some of that floating money.

@Zoe7. Had my second full nights sleep. Thanks to the new meds. But feel like I could fall asleep standing up, today. 

My suicidal thoughts are not prominent or loud now. Think they will be fully gone in the next day or two. Fingers crossed. 

Have laughed a lot last night - watching the ridiculous girls on The Bachelor.  Silly show. So some part of me is starting to come back. YAY!!!

Thank you for supporting me through my darkest time. At the time (in hospital) all I could think of was carrying out my suicide when I got home. Was obsessed with that thought. But no longer. I think of what I will need to slowly start doing when I get back home. To start living a life again and showing my son that I can do the good parenting stuff. Hard, but think I can manage some baby steps. 

Love and hugs for all.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance