Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Formentalhealth
Casual Contributor

schizophrenic bipolar

I was diagnosed as bipolar in the past 6-8years. Recently been admitted to a local hospital and diagnosed again as schizophrenic bipolar.

Hearing about my new diagnosis, I am actually glad. That there is a name and reason about how I feel and think.

Is there anyone else can relate with schizophrenic bipolar? Sometimes I have paranoia, anxiety, manic episodes, and depressive moods. 

Some other early symptoms include racing thoughts, muddled thoughts, though disorder...etc.

So far I am prescribed with anti-depressants that kind of sedate me but also stabilize my mood swings.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: schizophrenic bipolar

Hi @Formentalhealth 

I just wanted to reach out and say hello! I don’t think that we’ve met before and so it’s great to meet you Smiley Happy

I’m so pleased that receiving a diagnosis has bought you some relief and that this is helping you to be able to make sense of some of your thoughts and feelings Smiley Happy

Although I don’t have a lived experience of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, I’ve just tagged a few other members @greenpea @schitzo and @Rosie93 who may be able to offer you some support (so sorry if I've missed any other members - I wasn't too sure who to tag) Heart

I hope to see you around the forums Smiley Happy

Take care,

ShiningStar Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Formentalhealth I also relate to a feeling of relief after receiving a diagnosis. It can really help make sense of things! 

Like @ShiningStar I don't have lived experience of these particular diagnoses - for some reason I don't think your tags for the other members worked @ShiningStar? Their input might be helpful so I'll have another go tagging them for you - @greenpea @Schitzo @Rosie93 Smiley Happy

All the best Heart

Hi @Former-Member 

I’ve just read back through my post and I realised that after I copied and pasted my response, I forgot to retype the forum members names, which meant that I didn’t actually tag them Smiley LOL

Thank you so much for following this up, as I probably wouldn’t have realised my mistake Smiley Happy

Take care,

ShiningStar Heart

those signs seem to be how I was travelling this week,what advice would you have for soeone who thinks they may have simular issues,in particular with thoughts,paronoa and believing the paranoia thoughts to be true thoughts,self sabotage ect?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance