Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

wordman
Senior Contributor

enter a new sphere

ever wonder why Hello all who read this post. I would like to thank those who take the time to read my post. I am currently listening to great tunes on 106.7 PBS FM. I have enjoyed reading several of your posts over the past few weeks. I hope the will to self express is of benefit and providing joy. I do believe no one needs to feel guilty or are imposing by speaking their minds. All the posts I have read have been written in a polite and courteous manner. As long as no one is abusive or offensive you have nothing to worry about. I thought I would reassure those who feel they are imposing. Communicating and venting is what this forum is all about. So speak up if that's what is required to make you feel better or get through the day. I have immensely enjoyed the different styles and articulation expressed in your writings. Please keep me involved in your threads. I am deeply grateful to be part of your lives within this forum. 

Kind Regards

Wordman 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: enter a new sphere

Hello @wordman 

Thank you for sharing this, I really enjoyed reading it. I agree with you, I also believe that no one should ever feel guilty about expressing how they feel or ranting about what they are experiencing. I used to deal with that a lot within myself where I would feel like a burden and feel really bad for dumping all my feelings on other people, but that is why these forums are so great because they are specifically for that! 

So glad that you're enjoying the forums these past few weeks and I hope to see you around on here more often! 🙂 

Hi @wordman  I appreciate this post. Many times I’ve felt like having a rant but also felt I didn’t want to burden others as we all have issues of our own to deal with. I was thinking last night how compassionate friends on the forum are and that comes from the experience of suffering. For only those who have or are truly suffering could show such compassion towards others. Thank you for reminding me what this forum is all about. 🙏❤️

Hello @wordman I appreciate your post. I agree with the other comments. I don't like to place my problems on others. I feel quite taken back as I was told by another member earlier, that this is not a crisis service, in response to one of posts - I actually have no idea, why this member is upset with me. I don't want to reply to them, & query, it seems a waste of time. 

I really enjoy expressing myself on these forums. I admit, I can get over-involved. I can't apologise - that's who I am - I like to get right to the core of issues. Otherwise, what's the point?

It seems a delicate balance, I guess we have different ideals, or boundaries regarding communication & self expression. It's a tough one.

I honestly would prefer not to err on the side of caution when it comes to self expression. Perhaps, forums such as these are not a good match for a person like me, who is excited by pushing my own boundaries.

I don't like restrictions!

A pleasure to read your thoughts @wordman & your encouragement. I truly wish you the best.

@amber22 Hello Amber. Thank you kindly for your sincerity. I am glad to hear that you agree with my thoughts about venting and expressing oneself on this forum. Continue to be yourself and don't ever forget, your words are of great value, especially if they help you to overcome anything that may be difficult for you to deal with. Keep the faith. Be in touch. 

Kind Regards 

Wordman 

@Krishna Hello Krishna. You are spot on to say that compassion is understood through suffering. You have a good perspective on such matters. Please continue to provide me with more of your insights. Keep the faith. 

Kind Regards

Wordman

Hey @wordman  Feeling more and more isolated these days, not really wanting to partake in meaningless trivial conversation. Am becoming more silent and simply observing. Perhaps I’m becoming cynical of humans. I don’t know. The more I practice meditation and mindfulness, the more I am aware of the noise surrounding us all and the charade being played out. Christmas is a prime example of this and am thankful it has passed. I spent the day on a relatively peaceful beach with a salad sandwich. Bliss. My daughter who suffers from schizophrenia estranged herself from me 3 years ago. This is big and this is painful and the few friends and family members I have, never ask how I’m coping, never ask how she is, just go around the outskirts with trivial conversation. I want to scream it out that I’m hurting deeply. This is why the forum is such a valuable resource for me as it’s a place where I can express my pain and know there are beautiful souls who hear me and respond with kindness and support. Silently. My broken heart pain of late is causing physical pain, trapped and stored in my muscles and desperately trying to find a way to release same. So have commenced yoga via YouTube and hoping for some improvement. 🙏

@Krishna Hello Krishna. Your reply Made me think of myself at one stage. I remember well, how I once felt like wanting to scream. I only screamed at my mother. I deeply regret doing that. It's OK, things are excellent between myself and my mother. Take what is deep within and transform it the way you want it to be. eliminate the pain. Eliminate the anguish. 

I hope the salad sandwich was nice. Enjoy the yoga. 

Kind Regards

Wordman 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance