Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away: No responses please

Another day of isolation

It just seems to go on and on with no way out

My day has gone from bad to worse. As if S’s accident wasn’t enough I’ve now copped a serve of abuse from another family member.

Why do people have to be so cruel? Why do I respond with sh?

Giving up

Hope you're faring a little better now @Eve7, and have been able to get support you need Heart

I know we have to have guidelines to protect everyone but sometimes they give me the shits that I cannot express myself the way I want.

I have been lying awake in bed for hours. It's after 6.30am. I decided to get up and make myself a cup of tea. I put some eye drops in my eyes because they felt itchy and sore and I did my affirmation in the mirror.

I'm not sure why my eyes are itchy and sore. It might be because I'm stressed about my housing agency. They called and left a message on my phone on Friday. I'm very worried and anxious about it. They are very difficult and stressful to deal with. Every single interaction I have with them triggers me, no matter how small. 

It p*sses me off when they call me on a Friday because it takes me days to get over it and it ruins my whole weekend. 

I have printed out a transfer form from the department of housing to apply for another house. I will start filling it out tomorrow. 

I wish I could move to a warmer part of Australia but I don't know if you can do that through the department of housing and I don't have any money to move. I'm sick of the cold, miserable weather here in Victoria. 

I look forward to the day when I never have to deal with my housing agency again. I absolutely hate them and I absolutely hate living here and I want to move.

F*** them, f*** them, f*** them. I think I need to listen to the Sex Pistols.

It sounds very cold and windy outside and I'm glad to be in my warm bed with my Pug beside me.

I will feed my Pug and make my breakfast and then I will do my affirmation in the mirror. And then I will listen to my audio book. Later today I will make a risotto with tuna and lemon and I will take my Pug for a walk (depending on the weather. I haven't looked at it yet). 

there needs to be more then one of me. not mnay seem to be understanding that i have to be in isolation till i recive results back.

It is one of my abusers birthday today. It is all over facebook with everyone wishing them a happy birthday. A bit hard not to notice. Brings back lots of memories. Not coping well with them. The pain is real.

The issue of social media content, that can be really jarring, is something that I am very familiar with. Unfortunately, if one wants to access various links, there are often reminders of past vivid and sometimes traumatic experiences to "walk past". Consequently, I rarely use or access social media websites for that reason.

I am just beginning to realise, that what I thought was normal, or at the most, on the edge of normal, is not so. Much of what I experience, even now, in terms of psychological, emotional and physical reactions and even responses, is quite outside the range of, what most people would consider, normal.

The Electrician never turned up – after I waited more than 5 hours for him, this afternoon.

I did think that the DES Jobsearch Provider would probably want me to do Traffic Management Training ASAP, before my Census Job starts.

Well I’m being Hammered – She insisted on me doing 5 hours White Card Course this Friday (with 2 & ½ days notice) – Wiping out my Friday Yoga Class, in the process (costly to me).

Then 2 full days of Online Course Work, in the last 2 weeks (even days) before I start the Census Job Training.

Not a good recipe for Success, either in that or for the Census position (training).

Adge

Sorry, I changed my mind. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance