Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: What’s for Dinner

Hi @Oaktree 

it is only for people who were in defence and has to be before 2014. deadline in 30th june 2022. or can just email them and say you intend to claim within next 12 months

defenceforce.ombudsman@ombudsman.gov.au

reporting form at     

https://www.ombudsman.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0037/85879/Reporting-abuse-form-Smart-form_PDFA....

"When you submit a report, please note the following:

Abuse is defined in the Ombudsman Regulations 2017 (the Regulations) as sexual abuse, serious abuse or serious bullying or harassment of a complainant
We do not investigate reports of abuse. We make an assessment of your report
The focus of the assessment is what happened to you rather than the impact on you
‘Member of Defence’ means you were, at the time of the alleged abuse, a serving member of Defence and the alleged abuser was a serving member of Defence
The abuse must have a sufficient connection to a person’s employment in Defence for it to be accepted under the DFO function

Our Office may recommend to Defence that a reparation payment be made in relation to a report of serious abuse that has been accepted if;

the abuse occurred on or before 30 June 2014 and
the Ombudsman is satisfied the report involves the most serious form of abuse and/or sexual assault
Not all reports will be recommended for a reparation payment. For more information: Guide to the exercise of discretionary recommendation power"

Thanks @TAB 

I think I qualify 

Meggle

okay cool @Oaktree  well I hadnt seen info I cut and pasted to post when I lodged it, wish I had . just remember has to be done before next thursday or at least email that address telling them that you are going to do it

Hey @NatureLover 

i need to ask you - what is promite?? have never heard of it!!!

Promite is like a mixture of Vegemite and Marmite, only it's yummier than either! You can get it in supermarkets @BlueBay  🙂

Thanks @TAB I just printed the document and will work on filling it out now.

Luckily I have a friend who is a Police Officer who can certify stuff and witness stuff for me.

Meggle

Hi @TAB 

I filled in all the forms but it says the report needed to be made before 30 June 2021

I am still sending it in though 

Meggle

@TAB On the computer it says 2022. 

I just sent the email stating that I intend to submit a report by 30 June 2023 to give myself more time to get it all signed and sent in.

Meggle

Yes next Thursday @Oaktree they dont investigate it as that thing says. Wish knew that before I sent it.

Easy to get signed @Oaktree person at post office can do it
Also need witnessed ID ..same
Plus copy of service record eg which doesn't need to be witnessed
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance