Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: What’s for Dinner

@Oaktree wrote:

I don’t like veggies and have been purposely trying to increase them. I usually don’t eat any!

@Oaktree  you have been doing so well with eating so many veggies! I am impressed. 

For dinner last night I made mashed potato. Just mashed potato, nothing else. This is the first veggie I have had in a long time, so I was proud of myself. It's also the first cooking that I've done for ages. 

Well done @NatureLover isn’t mashed potatoes so comforting?

Tonight I had left over cottage pie with tomato ketchup.

Meggle

Yes, mashed potatoes is great comfort food! @Oaktree 

@NatureLover  unfortunately not great for type 2 Diabetes

@Jimbo2  yes, you're right of course...although I have Type 2 Diabetes! Oh well! 😄

tonight I just had a cup of soup for dinner, might have a sandwich or nuggets if still hungry a bit later ,as I had Macdonalds for lunch today,and trying to keep costs down a bit too cause of looking for another place to move to,felt guilty for buying Maccas for lunch really cause I should be saving heaps for moving costs ,also felt guilty for doing a $90 clothing and toiletrie shop at kmart

Hey @LostAngel - sometimes, it's okay to have a treat I guess.

I went grocery shopping, and sometimes I think, how is a decent meal even affordable nowadays! Sometimes, the cheapest IS the not-so-healthy food - unfortunately.

But moving forward, I hope you will be able to not feel guilty when you do treat yourself, as well as being mindful of needing to save money for a dwelling-place.

Be kind to yourself, tyme

tonight for dinner I had chicken kiev dont think I spelt it properly and vegtables ,pineapple flavoured soft drink and just then I had vanilla slice for dessert that was a yum meal ,and probly one of the best meals Ive eaten for a while take care everyone sorry I havnt been on much lately lots of stuff was on my mind,Ive just gone back on my meds over the weekend,so adjusting or readjusting to that I supose

Tonight is the BEST machos in the land…to be consumed during state of origin. Go the maroons!!!!

Tonights Dinner was KFC
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance