Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Weighted Blankets?

I keep adding or subtracting layers (doonas and blankets) and avoid latest and greatest ads....works for me.

@saltandpepper 

Smiley Happy

Hi @saltandpepper 

I have a weighted blanket and love it. I find it so comforting and I sleep so much better with it.

I even brought my daughter one. She loves it too.

Yes it was expensive but worth every cent.

@wellwellwellnez Well yeah I mean I guess so, they're pretty heavy though, like between 7-9kgs. Sounds like a hassle trying to make it, and probably just as expensive in the end.

Haha an auto-tuck-in--new invention maybe? They had like adult sleeping bag things, like what we used for our boy when he was little instead of blankets. Looked incredibly strange. Almost coffin like I feel.

@Appleblossom Yeah I mean I guess that might work, maybe get too hot though. Dunno

@Snowie Thanks for the feedback. No claustrophobia or overheating with it?

no @saltandpepper 

I even use it in summer and don't find it too hot.

I like the feeling of the weight on me, it makes me feel safe.

I will even get under it if my SI or SH levels are high.

That's great, thanks @Snowie always happy to find something that helps take the edge off

hi @saltandpepper 
Yes My daughter was given one to promote on her Insta page. It's an amazing big heavy blanket. Which reminds me I should get it from her. I loved it when I did use it. 
I know they are expensive. 
it would def help you @saltandpepper 

Yeah right @BlueBay sounds good. Might have to take the plunge after I've kicked these ugly bills to the curb

Hi @saltandpepper I don't experience anxiety/claustrophobia under my weighted blanket.

I have had that got to get out of here panic before, but never with my blanket.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance