Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Walking for Wellness

@Appleblossom Hi... I didn't realise there was an apps type of person. I doubt I'd qualify. I was just curious about whether anyone had any experience checking time and/or distance  without necessarily using a smartwatch or fitbit. I haven't seen pedometers for years so assumed they're superseded. I had to check my 5km radius for lockdown and was challenged even by Google Maps. Having a goal, keeping a record or being pleased with achieving some improvement... that's all I had in mind. I'm not competitive,  just struggling a little  to maintain motivation and thought others might be in the same boat.  

Hi @Dimity @Oaktree @Appleblossom @Adge ,

I used to have little competitions with my work colleagues using pedometers, but now, Apple Watches reign. We have our competitions on our watches instead and aim to get as many badges as we can, in particular the limited edition badges. We also monitor how many kms and steps each person has done. I think I rely on my watch a bit too much...but it works! It keeps exercise always in view.

BPDSurvivor

That sounds great @BPDSurvivor . Thanks for your suggestion. 

Hi @Dimity 

I use a free app on my iPhone called Pacer

It is not quite as accurate as other paid pedometer apps but it is not that bad. I am sad to say that I haven't walked daily since the 13th July but I intend to start over and try again. The weather is horrible here at the moment though. Good on you guys for all your continued efforts and I am glad that you posted here. 
@Dimity @BPDSurvivor @Appleblossom @bipolarbunny @Adge @Eve7 

Hi @Dimity 

me again- just go to your App Store on your smartphone and type in free pedometer.

helllo my @Oaktree  have been thinking of you my awesome friend , how are you today Heart

Hello @Adge@Appleblossom@BPDSurvivor@Dimity 

Hi @Shaz51 

I am ok just been super busy irl lately.

How are you?

Meggle

busy too @Oaktree Heart

mum had her arms redressed today 

cleaned the house this morning 

I had 2 walks on Sunday. One with my son and one with a friend. About 2 1/2 hours all up. Good to have company on the walks.  Have done many alone.  Not into counting or competing re walks.  Do not want that Apple to rein.  They got enuff dosh.  Each to their own.

Smiley Happy

Cheers Apple

@Shaz51 @Oaktree @Dimity @BPDSurvivor @Adge 

Smiley Happy

@Appleblossom ,

Unfortunately, Apple are excellent marketers, and ppl like me get sucked in! 

I always said I wouldn't fall for it, but unfortunately, my job demands it because everything is connect via these devices....

Otherwise, the simpler the better 🙂

So yes, @Appleblossom , I DO agree with you. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance