Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The magic of tidying

Soo beautiful @TuxedoCat your cats are ❤

I do love them @Shaz51! But They're shedding a lot at the moment. So I'm trying to vacuum more regularly!  

They're beautiful @TuxedoCat . My boy enjoys a regular brushing with a slicker brush which helps a bit with the shedding.

Making progress. Paint I'd had 25 years and old electricals went to the tip today. Culled more magazines, freeing bookshelf space. But it's slow progress.  I wanted to see results by Christmas but it still feels overwhelming. 

Small steps are still big achievements @Dimity 

Hope you're OK @EternalFlower.

How are you going @Shaz51 . Today I tackled the back garden... lots of prickles, I should have worn gloves. 

Have more shredding to do. 

Sounds good @Dimity hi @TuxedoCat @Eve7 @Shaz51 

I did my make up products which went well, than bought some gift boxes at the newsagent and found some nice ways to store them. They also have cute boxes at the op shop.

It helps me to be more mindful of what I buy, and I kinda touch objects in the store in a spark joy way, waiting to see which ones give me a "lift"

Glad you've found a system that works @EternalFlower . I went through phases of buying gift boxes, square wicker baskets, and storage tubs at different times. And archive boxes (conventional boxes collapsed when I stacked them). These days I'm deconstructing them and rediscovering their contents. 

Thanks @Dimity 

Sounds like ur moving forward a lot with ur decluttering ! How are the books these days ?

I notice a lot of hoarding with books myself I buy them at the op shop 

@EternalFlower I've taken a few nice books to the Salvos but still have the bulk of them. The place I was going to give them to was flooded. But just today I was talking to a second-hand bookshop about them... fingers crossed they'll take some. 

I've found I also have a lot of craft stuff.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance