Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

The Weekend so far

Hello Friends just Checking in on here , todays been a rainy day ,Ive pretty much Spent the day hybernating indoors as such ,Warm Heater ,Soft Comftable clothing ,and a bit of comfort music and comfort food inbetween housework Had a meat pie, Vanilla Late Coffee and a sponge cake with jam and cream with a little custard as a treat ,I may Listen to more music or watch a movie try to find something lighthearted prehaps ,am overall mostly ok despite having one difficult day which I had no choice but to pull through ,without saying too much I had to give evidence regarding a court matter at times I got quite tounge tied ,emotional ,but since then have rested and recovered alot for the rest of the week,Ive definetly learnt some things in regards to the legal system and how they conduct themselves with questioning ,have also sought support from respectline afterwards as you can imagine direct questioning the manner in which they ask and imply things contrary to the truth is quite confronting however I am feeling rested and recovered for the most part ,I hope everyone is travelling the best they can whatever your facing and Ill finish typing there for now ,will need to think what to do about dinner ,taking care each day is important 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: The Weekend so far

@LostAngel  i got such comfort reading your post. I could relate to your self care. Life has been tough for me, I visited mum in hospital, she is very sick. But i am now in bed, snuggled up, electric blanket. I had take out tonight so that was my treat. it was so cold today, so yes hybernating indoors & self care/keeping warm is ideal.  Sitting with you at this time.

Re: The Weekend so far

@LostAngel

Well done for your efforts with self care in this trying time. It sounds a beautiful way to spend a day wrapped up warmly with comfort foods and activities. Definitely a great way to help your recovery.

It has taken me time to allow myself to have these self-care days, as I previously felt guilty indulging myself and frustrated that I wasn't pushing myself to get more done. But these days are important to help our recovery, especially when things are very stressful such as your giving evidence.

Keep taking care of yourself, your mental wellbeing matters.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance