Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Thank goodness they didn't have a smell button on Zoom @Snowie 😂😂😂😂

And I never wear make-up. Most of the time I just scoop my hair up into a clip as well so I often look rough and ready. I don't care too much about what people think. I'm me, and that's that.

Hey you gorgeous gals @Snowie , @Sans911 , @outlander , @Faith-and-Hope , @Shaz51  💜😘💐

Wow youve come so far @Sans911 . You've done lots of hard work. The title of this thread says it all. I'm really proud of you and pleased for you. One step at a time and let's hope you get some work and that 'riding a bike again' feeling comes back.  

@Snowie made me giggle about your zoom session and rather grateful it wasn't me. I have broken out in cold sores all around my nose from my heavy head cold. I often do, it's been part of life for me but man seeing them on a screen would be 😱. I'm really glad it went ok. You are sounding ok at the moment but I'm not assuming anything, just hoping I'm right. 

I hardly ever wear makeup either @Sans911 If I need to I borrow it of my D!

And my hair normally gets thrown into a bun since its long and I can't be bothered with it.

Least I would have smelled ok 😂

@Teejthat sounds terrible hun about the cold sores. I hope you are getting better now and loking after yourself. I am ok at the moment. Its been an ok day and I will take it and run with it. They have been few and far between lately so will saviour the moment.

Has been good to be able to support others too ❤❤

How are you doing?

I've noticed your beautiful support over the last few days @Snowie . I hadn't been much on the forum before then to know what has been happening so it may have been much longer that you've been caring and supporting lots 🤦‍♀️ (That sounded like a jumble) 

I'm doing strangely ok. Like you it's felt good to be here giving back again. My mood is actually quite buoyant currently. A small change in meds and some changes in circumstances have helped. My property settlement finally happened and that chapter of my life is over. 
I also had the reprieve from centrelink and the extra money we will get has been a gift that will help me set up better for when this is all over. 

And I think I'm enjoying getting this extra time with my kidult s that are living here full time and working from home. Ask me next week though if we are not ready to k-ill each other (metaphorically of course). My new kind of normal is ok for now. 

Glad your new kind of normal is ok @Teej 

Sometimes ok is others great, so will take it when it comes along. 

Glad you are getting extra time with your kids, it is the small things that make a difference.

Mine are home too. I too don't want to k*ll them but yes you are right, that might change after another few weeks of social isolation!

Lucky I can still go outside, appreciate nature and get some "me" time.

Good news does help us I find and we need to take those good times and saviour them.

Sleep time for me. Good night @Teej , has been really nice connecting with you tonight.

As always, hugs and love sent your way

@Sans911 @outlander love and hugs to you both too 💌💖💜

@Teej @Sans911 @Snowie 💜💜💜

Hugs right back at you sweet sister ❤️ 💜 ❤️ 💜 @Snowie

Goodnight hun

@Faith-and-Hope 🌷🌸🌻

Just coming past to say hi to @Sans911 @Teej @Faith-and-Hope and anyone else reading this,

Much love and hugs coming your way💌

I hope today is a good one for you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance