Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Checking in Bro, how are things going?

Things not too bad here at the moment @Former-Member .  Have a funeral for my aunt this week other than that family activities while the children are on holidays. 

Thinking if you also. Any news on the house front? 

Good to hear things are steady Bro. On our home front, due dilligence to be done by Tuesday this week @Determined ,

Went for an afternoon out after lunch today.

To a park just outside out of town that had a reasonably good playground for the little people. Little ones had a blast while the adults sat back and watched. 

FIL my mum,  sister and bro came along also. 

Went to an Aunts funeral today (My dad's sister) and found it much harder than expected. I was actually doing ok until in a photo slideshow a pic with MIL in it came up 😢😭 Proves emotions in this regard are barely below the surface.  Brought about a flood of emotions for darling with regards to missing her mum. 

@Determined  sending gentle thoughts your way, still early days in adjusting to life without MIL. 

Thanks @Former-Member 

Was planning a day in the shed tomorrow but just received news from close friends re loss of a family member. Will take time out now to go and visit esp as we were most grateful for their comfort when we lost MIL.

Also received news on the drive down to today's funeral that a cousin of my dads is not in a good way. 😬😬😬

It has really brought to the front of my awareness today that life is far too short to waste any of it on resentment and/ or dwelling on the past.  Also sadness for time already lost. Does not make it any easier to get past past hurts but it is a reminder of the need to work on things more. 

Was able to obtain 'unofficial' results for last semester today. (Offical results are not being released due to strike action or some such childish nonsense). Was pleasantly supprised with a mark considerably higher than expected. GPA remains steady 😁

Got some advise around a job I was considering applying for. Had sort of decided it as out of my league but still worth investigating viability with some specific   training.  Turns out It is way over my head lol. At least now I know.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance