Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Had another great bike ride today. Mum was keen more so than me so we met darling and the children at a beach side location. 

We took a back road that I thought was going to be a bit ordinary but it turned out to be a blast on the bike. Lots of twisties and steep climbs and descents. Aparently darling used to ride her pushie on this road... hard to get my head around that. She is braver than me lol. Motorised version will do me just fine on that road. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Darling managed the drive down and back well which I am hoping will be a confidence boost for her. And the children were on perfect behavior so that made for a pleasant day. 

If we dont manage our morning (push)bike ride I am hoping darling and I can go for a ride after lunch. Darling is starting to get obsessed about her weight so hoping getting into some exercise will help with this. Just need to keep some balance 😬 . I am al little concerned that once she gets back into it OCD will kick in and it will be back to 50+km daily . Different circle of influence now sp hopefully this will make a positive difference. 

This is one section of road we traveled today found the pic on a cycling forum. Aparently incline is over 15%.

Screenshot_20190119-182348_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lots of rainforest sections. I love the freshness of the air and the smells. Something missed in a car. 

Thanks @Shaz51

Hi everyone, so nice to be able to connect with others. I do feel alone at times in a space I don’t fully understand, but I’m trying to give my partner the support I believe she needs.

taking one day at a time right now. This journey isn’t easy

one day at a time is best @RainbowUnicorn

Hello @Determined, @Smc, @Former-Member

How stupid am I

Had an app this morning (script review) and forgot to mention some other important concerns rather spent the time discussing how darling is coping with mil. 

Take heart that you're not the only one here who's done that @Determined! We've had those "facepalm" moments walking out the door of a doctors' clinc.

LoL @Smc   

I need to write things down before going in I think. At least main reason for the app was addressed. 

And don't forget to write a note reminding you to write a note! 😛

I like to have a list on hand if there is more than one thing to discuss with doc @Determined. Often I write them on a note attached to appt card. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance