Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

Hi @Former-Member, jogging mostly. Very good for clearing your head but it’s hard to find the motivation when it’s cold! How about you?

@Determined try only jumping on the scales once a week, on the same day, at the same time of day. If you weighed yourself in the morning, then again at night after dinner, it can affect your results by quite a lot! Hope it helps 😊

As I am past rubenesque anything more vigorous than walking would not pas the 'check with your doctor' test @Burgundy86 . I started walking our dog with Mr Darcy as she refused to go with him in her own.  images (50).jpeg

Former-Member
Not applicable

images (76).jpeg

How was your stepping today @Determined @Former-Member @Burgundy86? Trying to find the balance between motivation and the periods when it was not raining seemed to be today's challenge.

Not much achieved over the weekend @Ali11  things have been a bit bumpy here. 

We did have some outings planned but that all fell over unfortunately. 

Walked the dog again today @Ali11 . Heavy rain forecast for tomorrow so might have a bye. 

A dog is such good motivation for daily walks @Former-Member (when weather permits), they really are our best friends Smiley LOL 

Made it out today with the hound during a break in the weather @Ali11 . Mr Darcy is the key motivation, he insists on walking the dog every day and after being off colour at Christmas, she refused to go alone with him so now it is a joint venture.  

Phone has gone flat but think I managed around 4000 steps today. Most of that was at work so hardly strenuous but better than nothing. Was hoping to walk to and from work but time did not allow. 

Another 4k steps toady. No intentional exercise though unfortunatly but I did catch up with a friend for coffee which was good. Rest this afternoon as I woke this morning feelimg as though I am coming down with something and have been flat for most ofnthe day.  

It occured to me this afternoon that I forgot breakfast and lunch yeaterday and today, that would not be helping. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance