Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

Darling and I started a free trial for an exercise class this afternoon. One that for the moment we can do as a family. (If class size increases adults will move to a different time slot).

Going to be hard work but I can see potential for it to become enjoyable with significant benefits. 

S1 & S2 started late last year and look forward to it each week. 

GP visit this morning = further benefits of walking evident (although if too hot I have missed out,  dog walks still a bit hit and miss).

Former-Member
Not applicable

85007133_2919166894771460_5238187365977030656_n.jpg

Got out for a genuine exercise walk today.

I have got so out of shape since the end of last year 😵

Darling and I have been discussing getting back on our push bikes. Have a circuit planned out. Hoping to get out there by the end of this week. 

I am sooo unfit 😵

Went out for another walk this afternoon 

(Day 2 and counting) and we were overtaken by some 80+ year olds (know them from church) who very quickly dissapeard into the distance. 

I was back on the walking track yesterday with our new 3 year old girl whippet. Feeling a bit the same as you @Determined  was slow going but did not encounter any octogenarians or indeed anyone else traveling Shanks pony but was overtaken by 2 kids on pushbikes.

It just occurred to me this morning that I have not been for my walk for the last 3 days. That commitment to walk only lasted for 2 days lol

I have been out in the garden till late though weeding and playimg with my fire so not like I have done nothing. 

I reckon I have only walked to the shops once or twice since losing our Missy Moo 6 weeks ago @Determined. No alternative exercise done to compensate. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance