Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

Follow up review with GP this afternoon.

Pleasing report on health benefits of increased exercise and modified eating patterns. Don't think doc believed me when I said I was actually eating more lol. 

In my case it is more about the when than how much or what. 

Smaller amounts more often = more overall but seems to be working combined with more consistent exercise.   Next report card will be the results to updated blood tests. 

Feeling really fatigued at the moment due to some areas of stress which has affected my exercise. Doc gently encouraged me to push through that. A bit like the food intake

Smaller amounts.more often I guess. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Well, Missy Moo finally decided she was prepared to go for a decent walk today 🙌.

Probably averaging a walk 4-5 times a week (without the madam hound). 

After a week of not leaving the house managed a short walk yesterday and today. 

Would have been easy to stop at home but made the effort and glad I did. 

way to go @Determined Heart

Hello @Former-Member , @Jacques , @Burgundy86 

Despite a few stops along the way, we managed a couple of walks of the full circuit with the madam this week. I feel so much for Mr Darcy, to help with his MI he really needs a dog that enjoys walking well along side him as well as keep him company at home, sitting with him while he reads etc but not too demanding. Our boy dog was much more affectionate and did this. He did however pick up on a couple of the girl dogs bad habits, one of which was barking at children. As much as I feel we need one,  we are reluctant to get a second dog because of this. 

Got in some walks without the dog too ... 

Good to hear she is starting to be more compliant with the walks @Former-Member 

Trust that she may improve for Mr D

If you got another would it be same breed?

We are fond of whippets, Missy Moo is different from the three others we had over time @Determined , think she may have been a wounded soul - far too thin when we got her (from a breeder) and scared of Mr Darcy.  Prior to the whippets we did have had a mixed breed dog that was a beauty.

Went for a looong walk this afternoon.

I was hoping it may burn off some stress. (Often works. Fresh air breathing and everything) but if anything I feel worse. 

Hoping it may help me to sleep tonight. 

@Determined  😔

@octavia  this discussion thread is where we try and encourage each other to maintain our own mental health with a bit of exercise.  I am an oompah loompa and struggle to exercise and was getting health benefits walking our hound who refused to go on her own with Mr Darcy. She has found walking difficult (timid + scared) since we moved from a semirural property into town.  

Feel free to add to the discussion.

@Determined  😔

@octavia  this discussion thread is where we try and encourage each other to maintain our own mental health with a bit of exercise.  I am an oompah loompa and struggle to exercise  and was getting health benefits walking our hound who refuses to go on her own with Mr Darcy. She has found walking difficult (is timid + scared) since we moved from a semirural property into town.  

As for doing crunches:

download (21).jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance