Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

Hi Greenthumbs 🌱

Did you see the Google post today for EARTH DAY:

https://youtu.be/hAxqygRdM4g

I  have succulents and other easy cuttings sprouting in pots atm. But winter will slow things down.  Must get some fertiliser. Lovely outside🍁

Hey @Former-Member 

This was next youtube on my search engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20xMbGkEIQI 

There is no need to hurry the plants along.  They are fine as they are and may not NEED extra fetiliser.

People are often talking about plants beng confused about when to flower.  As a teacher I have long been concerned about all unnecessary hothousing.

@Appleblossom I don't know what to think about Climate Change, just do my best to keep my carbon footprint low.
Bought some herb seeds today. . Never grown from seeds before, usually seedlings.

@Former-Member 

Heart

We can only do and believe what is brought into our experience.

Good on you for growing herb from seed.  I picked rosemary yesterday for tea.

Smiley Happy

My apple trees are self seeding all over the place.  The Bible says a lot about reaping and sowing, but is also often very nuanced and intelligent about it.  Been thinking about it and researching a bit.

Smiley Happy

Love the Snell of rosemary. Bought an established plant last year. Must try some rosemary tea. Great idea👍

Hello @Faith-and-Hope@Smc@Appleblossom , @Former-Member , @Former-Member 

love to have this at my place Heart

teapot plants.jpg

@Shaz51, I grew up with parents who were very keen members of the local cactus and succulent club, so I kind of did have that at their place. Not the fancy repurposed pots for the most part, just black plastic or terracotta. I've never been keen on the prickles, but cactus flowers are often quite spectacular, so I did make a point of checking out the cactus house regularly to see what was in bloom.

My sister and I have brought a lot back from their place, but a lot died from neglect when their health started to fail, and more still died due to us not being able to get to them fast enough. There's still quite a lot of surviving plants, and a few more come back each time we're there. They're not quite invulnerable, but they are very tough.

flowering-cactus.jpg

love the picture @Smc Heart

i have a few succulents but with nearly no TLC Smiley LOL

The ones I've brought back here get a bit less TLC than they'd like @Shaz51, but like I said, they're tough. 🙂

Wow! What a display of pots and succulents. Oh no 🙁 now I've found another excuse to go Op shopping 😬 lol 🌱🌿
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance