Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

jay2
Senior Contributor

SADs

Just wondering has anyone else experienced a winter depression yet. Its been getting colder here in SA. Woke up this morning feeling depressed and weepy, thought to my self "Its a bit early for SADs", has any one else begun to feel a winter depression yet... Am going to put myself out side in the sun every day from now on and take my Vit D tabs. That should hold it down for a while, I hope.@jay2

2 REPLIES 2

Re: SADs

Ohhhh @jay2 , yes!!! I have been so depressed with the SAD! I'm in Melbourne and it rained /was gloomy and cloudy for 5 days straight. I couldn't even go to my volunteer job. 

I find that I have SAD all year, every day that's cloudy; however it sets in every day from about July, lasting 3-6 months. I really, really hate it. 

I hate how dependent I am on the weather for for functioning. 

I really feel for you!!

jay2
Senior Contributor

Re: SADs

Hi.  NatureLover,  I get about 3 bouts of it every winter. I try to keep it under control with sunshine. Soon as I recognize it as SADS ,and am able to get myself in a reasonable state,I go sit in the sun every morning. Good idea to take your brekky out and eat it in the sun.  After a couple of days I'm back to normal,but you have to keep it up ,every morning all thro winter. If you cant keep it up ,it will return,then just start again with daily sunshine. Other than that ,there is light therapy. Stareing at an artificial light for about 30 mins every morning. Hope that helps  . Regards jay2

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance