Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Psych Appointment

Thankyou @HenryX 

I very much like your answer to the anticipated question because I very much do feel aprehensive. I have been anxious yet eager to get an appointment as I wanted to get back in before I changed my mind about seeing the psych. I think it's definitely the way forward. By the way don't go see the new movie called 'Old' because I saw it today and it evokes a strong emotional reaction with regards to the shortness of life. 2 of our group ended up in the tears. We are away on a trip with a mental health organisation. Thanks so much again for the thoughts you have shared with me about my post. 

Meggle

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @Oaktree  and @HenryX 

what great advice you give Henry, looks like you have missed your calling! 

Meggle, I was wondering is the mental health organisation you are on a trip with part of what the govt. clinic organise or is it something that they referred you to?

hi to @Blep too! Hope you all have a wonderful day. 

Hi @Former-Member 

It was a stand alone organisation that the public clinic referred me to. I have a support worker and we do a one on one and a couple of groups each week (walking group and arts and crafts group). Sometimes they throw a barbecue as well. I was with this organisation before I got the NDIS but now I am NDIS funded with this organisation. Hope this helps.

Meggle

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you @Oaktree  my case manager I had at the time once told me that when I finished with my psychologist she could refere me to other things. I love arts and crafts!

but all I got Was a letter saying I had been discharged (6weeks after my last appointment)

with a list of numbers like lifeline and other emergencie lines Incase of crisis...😢

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance