Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

bipolarbunny
Community Elder

Power of Positivity

Hey fellow forumites!

I decided to start a new thread on the power of positivity. I have found in the past I tend to have days where the negativity in my head is so loud I tend to lose sight of what I like about being me. So this is a space where we can all come and list those things we like/love about ourselves anytime we want. 

So basically list 5 or more positive things about yourself that you feel today. It can be things you like/love about yourself, things you like/love that you can do, or things you've discovered about yourself, but it has to be positive and relevant to you today, in this moment. It's essentially an exercise in positivity and mindfulness. Be as descriptive as you want. 

I'll start us off.

1. I love my body. It carries me everywhere and can do amazing things, like run, swim, ride a bike, lift weights, walk to amazing places, play guitar, sing. 

2. I love my sense of humour. I can see the humour an irony in almost anything and I love that my sense of humour keeps me grounded. 

3. I love my mental strength. I've waged so many wars in my head, but my mental strength always comes out on top, it's a true warrior. 

4. I love that I can write poetry. It has become such an important part of my recovery and I really enjoy it. 

5. I love my heart. I'm a big softie and love to make people feel good about themselves. 

6. I love my smile. 🙂

Okay, so I am going to tag in some people and hope you can all share it with your friends too. 

Thanks for being you! Big hugs! xx

BB 🐰💙

@Shaz51 @Anastasia @Oaktree@HenryX @StuF @Daisydreamer @Former-Member @Dimity @Mazarita @greenpea @Flying_Hams @Adge @TAB @Former-Member @Former-Member @frog @saltandpepper @Bow @Zoe7 @ShiningStar @Meowmy 

137 REPLIES 137

Re: Power of Positivity

@bipolarbunny 

5 is too hard... but one.... rather than continuing to wallow about the fact that I'm having little success in marketing my business, I'm doing a zoom workshop tonight with other celebrants to find out what worked for them when they were starting out.

@SJT63 That's awesome, I hope it goes well for you! 🙂 xx

BB 🐰💙

Thank you for posting this it has really got me thinking. I can feel your positivity lifting me up. 

Okay here goes... 5 is way too much l originally thought... Then I tried to think of the ways that I have tried to help my mental health in recent times.

1.Reaching out to you guys has been a God send.

2. Admitting much more openly that I suffer from major depressive order.

3. I recently got sober.

4. I am accessing as much as on line help as l possibly can.. Giving it a go instead of saying that it won't help.

5. I like my smile as well.

WOW there l did it!!

I really struggle to feel a sense of achievement in anything that I do.. This really has helped. 

Great idea @bipolarbunny, thank you for starting this!

I'll give it a go too 🙂 

1. I am productive and can get things done when I put my mind to it
  2. I set and hold good interpersonal boundaries, and I am proud of how far I have come with that
  3. I feel deeply, which can be a huge strength
  4. I am proud of my recent knitting projects
  5. I love what I do for work and it gives me meaning and purpose, which is something I value

Wow @Cin that is so awesome my friend, some BIG positivities there!! Well done, keep up the great work! xx

BB 🐰💙

@Daisydreamer so many wonderful positives! You and my mum would get along well, she loves to knit and crochet also. xx

BB 🐰💙

Hi @bipolarbunny @Cin @SJT63 @Daisydreamer and anyone reading.

Beautiful idea, BB. Wish I could see you and @Cin smiling. Smiley Very Happy

Some things I like or love about me:

• During long, crippling depressions, I have mostly still been writing, creating music and videos.
  • After these long dark times, I have always eventually got up and tried at life again.
  • In the face of disabling anxiety, I have bravely taken on and achieved some amazing things.
  • My sense of humour and active embrace of opportunities for smiles and laughs.
  • My intelligence, curiosity and high level of self-education in a wide range of subjects.

@Mazarita Wow my friend, you are so amazing and strong, beautiful positivities, thank you so much for sharing. xx

BB 🐰💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance