Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Pets as therapy and for our wellbeing

hello @Former-Member

I have been inside today with the aircon on , soooo hot outside

I should try and spend some time outside today , maybe afterif it gets cooler xx

when you got home , did Holly smell the other dog  on you xx

Yes @Shaz51, I suspect she did.  She inspected me quite closely and intently.  Sniffing my hands etc.  So she definitely smelled an 'intruder' there.  But she is actually very good with other dogs so isnt really a jealous dog, just inquisitive.

We had a couple of very hot days here to on Monday and Tuesday.  But its thankfully been a little cooler since.

I saw my psych yesterday and told her how down I had been feeling of late, and all the things that have been contributing to that.  She suggested that when I feel really down that I should hug my little dog and inhale her scent deeply.  That it releases endorphins (happy hormones) to help us feel a little happier and more positive.

I think I need to go and try that now, perhaps over a morning cuppa.

Hello @Former-Memberxx

how did you go today hugging Holly xx

I love hugging my dog and then she loves laying on me

Ha ha, thanks @Shaz51. The hugs went well.

Ha ha @Former-Member HeartHeart

good night , hope you have a good nights sleep tonight xx

Hello @Former-Member, @Change123, @NatalieS, @LooneyToones, @Appleblossom, @Bimby2

how is everyone on this very warm day today xx

Hi @Shaz51, also @Appleblossom@Change123@NatalieS@LooneyToones.

I am terribly terribly tired!  But otherwise, fair to middling, I guess.

So I am hugging my little Holly lots, and inhaling deeply.  Woman LOL

She is always so clingy and attentive when I am feeling low.

Very intuitive little dog she is.

It is very hot and windy here today, so no walks today for us.

I am just snuggling up with my little dog Holly here on the lounge with a hot cup of tea, and it reminded me of this thread I opened up last year, so I went looking for it.  Our pets really do add so much to our lives.  So Holly and I wish you and your special pets, a wonderful day.

@Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Faith-and-Hope @LooneyToones @Determined @outlander

Sherry Heart

• Image result for Wishing You Awesome Day

@Former-Member I just stumbled on this thread, great idea. I have a little chihuahua, not little in personality though. She's by my side morning and night, wouldn't have it any other way. I rescued her from the RSPCA but since then, she's been rescuing me. My lifeline. Nothing beats the company of our animals.

Ahh @Maggie, I'm so glad you stumbled across this thread.  I should have tagged you actually, and not sure why I didnt think to do that. My apologies.  But you found it anyway ... very good.

You are so right - our animals are often what makes life worth living.  And when it comes to living well, we could learn a heck of a lot from our pets.  For example - how to sleep soundly ...........

Sherry Heart

• Image result for adorable pets
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance